OW?

Rasslinking

8 minutes ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Kids want to be in a program that's successful and wins state titles and gives them the best shot to win an individual title. Cleveland put 4 freshman in the boys lineup this year and one girl in the girls line up and all but one went to cleveland middle school and all placed top 5. Traveling across the US to find good competition and practicing 5 days a week pretty much year round because our kids have a desire to be the best because that's the expectation, if you consider that recruiting because kids want to be a part of that then so be it but because its not happening 3 miles down the road isn't a very good reason to be calling people out. I don't deserve much credit for the success that Cleveland has had because I'm not around as much as I could be, but the people that do, work tirelessly year round to make sure these kids have the best chance for success that they can possibly have. I just don't think it's right to say that people are cheating or recruiting because they work harder than most other coaches in the state. 

I don’t think anyone is questioning the work ethic of the Cleveland coaching staff. As they are second to none. But let’s be honest if you take the Fowler’s, Lucas and Jax out of that lineup Cleveland probably doesn’t win it this year. Fowler’s are from Blackman, Lucas from up north and spent a year in Williamson county and Jax from Texas. But you are correct people are attracted to successful programs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Midtnwrestling1 said:

I don’t think anyone is questioning the work ethic of the Cleveland coaching staff. As they are second to none. But let’s be honest if you take the Fowler’s, Lucas and Jax out of that lineup Cleveland probably doesn’t win it this year. Fowler’s are from Blackman, Lucas from up north and spent a year in Williamson county and Jax from Texas. But you are correct people are attracted to successful programs. 

Fowler’s been in Cleveland for 3 years….

Curious how long a kid needs to be involved in that schools program (club, MS,HS)…. before their points start to count.

What about the SH 126? He’s tough, but moved in from NY…. erase his points

What about the varsity Bradley 106? He’s not great but moved in and will help them in the future. They had a kid from oregon move in 2 years ago(moved in, placed, moved back)

What about Noah Todd(Siegel) and James Hicks(Blackman WC)? Points don’t count?

What about Finley Jameson? Moved in 2 years ago

Bottom Line….. everyone has kids move in. Get over it.

Cleveland doesn’t start winning in High School. Go look at the Club State Dual results the last 10 years. 

I don’t even live in TN anymore but if you follow the sport any, you have to see the dominance on all levels.

Stop creating crazy hypothetical situations or making excuses.

Cleveland won’t be at the top forever. There are a few programs that do it right and will take over the top 3 soon.

Edited by Rasslinking

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Fowler’s been in Cleveland for 3 years….

Curious how long a kid needs to be involved in that schools program (club, MS,HS)…. before their points start to count.

What about the SH 126? He’s tough, but moved in from NY…. erase his points

What about the varsity Bradley 106? He’s not great but moved in and will help them in the future. They had a kid from oregon move in 2 years ago(moved in, placed, moved back)

What about Noah Todd(Siegel) and James Hicks(Blackman WC)? Points don’t count?

What about Finley Jameson? Moved in 2 years ago

Bottom Line….. everyone has kids move in. Get over it.

Cleveland doesn’t start winning in High School. Go look at the Club State Dual results the last 10 years. 

I don’t even live in TN anymore but if you follow the sport any, you have to see the dominance on all levels.

Stop creating crazy hypothetical situations or making excuses.

Cleveland won’t be at the top forever. There are a few programs that do it right and will take over the top 3 soon.

Calm down there Chief, not need to get your singlet in a bunch. You named 1 kid from each of those schools. Cleveland landed 5 plus a couple in the youth program. Most of those kids moved to Cleveland because of wrestling. Jamison didn’t move because of wrestling, SH kid didn’t move because of wrestling. I can’t speak to the Hicks kid. WC always seem to find kids that land in their lap as well as you stated. Difference is Cleveland gets it done in the post season. But we can’t blame the kids for moving there. Like it was said before Cleveland has a very successful program and people want to be apart of that. 

4 hours ago, Midtnwrestling1 said:

Logan, Cy, Lucas and Jax scored 54 team points, Cleveland still wins by 13.5.

Never used the word cheating, but it's almost funny that Cleveland attributes all of their success to "outworking everyone".. True, there is a strong work ethic, but that also applies to the Coach at a small rural school with very little funding, little tradition, little support who practices in the cafeteria with one Assistant who may have never wrestled. 

Yes, Cleveland has done well, and deserve credit, but the lack of acknowledgement of their clear advantages in staff , support, move-ins and facilities is interesting.

4 minutes ago, slingshot said:

Never used the word cheating, but it's almost funny that Cleveland attributes all of their success to "outworking everyone".. True, there is a strong work ethic, but that also applies to the Coach at a small rural school with very little funding, little tradition, little support who practices in the cafeteria with one Assistant who may have never wrestled. 

Yes, Cleveland has done well, and deserve credit, but the lack of acknowledgement of their clear advantages in staff , support, move-ins and facilities is interesting.

Same advantages as Bradley of the early 2000s huh…staff, move ins and facilities

3 hours ago, GruncleD said:

Logan, Cy, Lucas and Jax scored 54 team points, Cleveland still wins by 13.5.

Also, Cleveland had a number of backups that would have started almost anywhere and would have placed at state so they would have just moved around weights.  My understanding is that the Ernest family has tons of relatives in Cleveland.  Plus, Chittum who is from Cleveland could have wrestled again this year.  But who cares?  They are not paying kids to move there.  If kids move there because they want to be part of the program that speaks volumes.  

So now, in your arrogance, you're going to insist with confidence that many Cleveland backups would have surely taken the State medals away from others across the State that actually earned them and obviously also beaten the Bradley starters the night it was tied 25-25 going into the LAST match of the State Finals ? Wow.

I've already wasted too much time on this. I knew better in the first place. I'm done.

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Same advantages as Bradley of the early 2000s huh…staff, move ins and facilities

Well, no. Not close.

But don't limit your inaccurate comparison to the EARLY 2000's. That would only involve 4-5 years. I hear that Bradley didn't lose a single dual meet, or ANY event to Cleveland for EIGHTEEN STRAIGHT years.

Done.

21 hours ago, slingshot said:

This is the second time this idea has been floated in this thread. The insinuation that outside Wrestlers "Find their way to Cleveland or Bradley". If you look back in recent history, Cleveland has benefited from many Wrestlers who did not attend Elementary/Middle school in Cleveland. 

By and Large, Bradley H.S. Wrestlers are Bradley Co. Kids, Period! 

Win or lose, they don't plug anticipated holes in their line-up with talented middle schoolers who happen to "move in".

I don't care what they do, but it's not accurate to cast Bradley in that same light.

“By and Large” I guess you mean Bradley’s 106, 126 and 138. 106 moved from Hamilton Co. and plugged a hole. Lipseys moved to Bradley Co. when they were in Middle School just like the Fowlers. Jobs and personal family decisions cause people to move every day. Lipseys have made Bradley a better program, Fowler have made Cleveland a better program.