OW?

Rasslinking

On 3/1/2022 at 2:51 PM, Ummmno said:

Personally i've always thought whoever wins the hardest weight class should get OW. Some think whoever is the most dominant should get it regardless of the rest of the weight.

I guess Shires winning it IS the medium of the two. Not the strongest weight, but top 3. Not the most dominant wrestler in the tourney, but again, top 3. 

Remember the year Daniel Cole finally dominated a bracket everyone ran from while Blackman’s Kenny Meredeth also dominated a loaded bracket mopped the mat vs a top Clarksville wrestler. Must ask… Was Cleveland’s MOW that year a career award, or true dominance?

Just saying?!?!

Was that refs or coaches that year?? I’m thinking Refs we’re at least allowed input.

This year specifically I think you could consider East Tennessee as East (without the Cleveland/Chattanooga) and be very close to being the strongest region over West, Middle, and the Chattanooga area. 

The 4 State Winners from Greeneville, combined with the 3 state winners from Lakeway, throw in one state winner from DB, one state winner from Heritage, one state winner from Alcoa, and I think upper East Tennessee would be the strongest group across the state. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TRB0701 said:

This year specifically I think you could consider East Tennessee as East (without the Cleveland/Chattanooga) and be very close to being the strongest region over West, Middle, and the Chattanooga area. 

The 4 State Winners from Greeneville, combined with the 3 state winners from Lakeway, throw in one state winner from DB, one state winner from Heritage, one state winner from Alcoa, and I think upper East Tennessee would be the strongest group across the state. 

42 state champs all together…East Tennessee (minus chatt) gets 10 and you’re saying they’re the strongest in the whole state?

ummm….no

1 minute ago, Ummmno said:

42 state champs all together…East Tennessee (minus chatt) gets 10 and you’re saying they’re the strongest in the whole state?

ummm….no

106 Dupill

120 Helton 

126 Roller

132 Sturgill

138 Mason

145 Ivy

152 Dupill

160 Dalon

170 Kodiak 

Who then?

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

ummm….no

TRB's right on this one, East TN's best (regardless of classification) would beat the other 3 sectionals pretty consistently in a head to head dual format. Proof of that is the TNAAU Star Duals held the day after the TNAAU State Tournament. Almost every single kid TRB mentioned were on the East Tennessee squads that have won those duals the last few years.

Most of that can be attributed to a few coaches we've had in East TN recently. Kemmerer and Hernandez deserve credit getting the ball rolling in that direction, but the current group of young coaches who moved in/came back (Garrett, D'Angelo, Moisey, Holland) have been able to pick up where those two left off and elevate things even higher.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

TRB's right on this one, East TN's best (regardless of classification) would beat the other 3 sectionals pretty consistently in a head to head dual format. Proof of that is the TNAAU Star Duals held the day after the TNAAU State Tournament. Almost every single kid TRB mentioned were on the East Tennessee squads that have won those duals the last few years.

Most of that can be attributed to a few coaches we've had in East TN recently. Kemmerer and Hernandez deserve credit getting the ball rolling in that direction, but the current group of young coaches who moved in/came back (Garrett, D'Angelo, Moisey, Holland) have been able to pick up where those two left off and elevate things even higher.

No, you can’t use TNAAU as a guide because in HS the majority of Chattonooga kids don’t wrestle TNAAU.  

if we did a region championship this year for HS, it would be the closest it’s ever been but Chattonooga would still win easily. 
106 Jojo v Carson 50/50

113 Corday/Uhorchuk /Terrell  

120 Uhorchuk 

126 Bond

132 KV  

138 Dendy 

145 Hunter Mason 

152 Dupil

160 Colby and Alley 50/50

170 Kodiak 

182 Alverez 

195 Harper or Tetoe

220 Gunner

285 Howard or Ashton 

even if we give the East both 50/50 matches, it’s 8 to 6 with equal number of bonus on both sides.  If the East loses those 2 matches it’s a blow out..  

Sorry but Chattanooga is still the center of wrestling in this state and know that I’ve spent almost my entire Adult life in East TN.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, durdon said:

No, you can’t use TNAAU as a guide because in HS the majority of Chattonooga kids don’t wrestle TNAAU.  

if we did a region championship this year for HS, it would be the closest it’s ever been but Chattonooga would still win easily. 
106 Jojo v Carson 50/50

113 Corday/Uhorchuk /Terrell  

120 Uhorchuk 

126 Bond

132 KV  

138 Dendy 

145 Hunter Mason 

152 Dupil

160 Colby and Alley 50/50

170 Kodiak 

182 Alverez 

195 Harper or Tetoe

220 Gunner

285 Howard or Ashton 

even if we give the East both 50/50 matches, it’s 8 to 6 with equal number of bonus on both sides.  If the East loses those 2 matches it’s a blow out..  

Sorry but Chattanooga is still the center of wrestling in this state and know that I’ve spent almost my entire Adult life in East TN.  

Not if you have Roller at 26, Sturgill at 32, Mason at 38, and Ivy at 45 like I originally posted. 

• Upvote 1