Overall Combined State Predictions

RaisingAbeast22

On 2/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, RaisingAbeast22 said:

Caleb and Eason (with a good leg) would be a great match. 

Corday however doesn’t beat Terrell nor Ethan Uhorchuk definitely not this year. 

Caleb beats a full strength Eason. 

Even not at full strength Corday beats both.  

I would like to see Chew and Gervacio wrestle.  The way Chew finished his season, he might give Gonzalez a very close match or even pull out a 1-pt win.  He's def gained my respect with his grit the last 1/3 of the season and finding a way to win several close matches.

• Like 1

195 is really incorrect. 

Hubbs wrestled Gabe Ferrell of Crockett twice.  Lost both. One by pin (team sectionals), one by decision (individual sectionals).  Zero chance Medina beats him as they have wrestled/trained together. 

Ferrell wrestled Atwood in the semis and lost in OT.  Should have been the finals but no clue how seeding was done in that bracket as Ferrell beat the two seed as well. Ridiculous.  Ferrell's only losses during the season was to out of state competition.  He is real handful and will be back for a monster senior season. 

Edited by oceansize42
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oceansize42 said:

195 is really incorrect. 

Hubbs wrestled Gabe Ferrell of Crockett twice.  Lost both. One by pin, one by decision.  Zero chance Medina beats him as they have wrestled/trained together. 

Ferrell wrestled Atwood in the semis and lost in OT.  Should have been the finals and no clue how Hubbs managed to be the two seed after losing to Ferrell at sectional team duals and individual sectionals.  Ridiculous.  Ferrell's only losses during the season was to out of state competition.  He is real handful and will be back for a monster senior season.

pretty sure at 195 there were no seeds because only 1 was a returning placer and that was Atwood, everyone else is placed blind draw unless something has changed from the past. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

I would like to see Chew and Gervacio wrestle.  The way Chew finished his season, he might give Gonzalez a very close match or even pull out a 1-pt win.  He's def gained my respect with his grit the last 1/3 of the season and finding a way to win several close matches.

They met early in the year at Black Horse.  Gervacio came away with a 9-1 win in the semi-finals before going on to get a fall in the finals.  I would say both of those guys really found strides at the end of the year as Gonzalez was able to turn around his earlier lose to Alvarez at Kansas City and beat him 2x (state and national preps) with bigger stakes on the line and Chew clearly coming through for his title.

Given that they both met early this year and both showed strong improvement signs, I am sticking with Gervacio to win that match again.  Then again I have some bias in there but like to think I can be pretty objective.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ghouse said:

They met early in the year at Black Horse.  Gervacio came away with a 9-1 win in the semi-finals before going on to get a fall in the finals.  I would say both of those guys really found strides at the end of the year as Gonzalez was able to turn around his earlier lose to Alvarez at Kansas City and beat him 2x (state and national preps) with bigger stakes on the line and Chew clearly coming through for his title.

Given that they both met early this year and both showed strong improvement signs, I am sticking with Gervacio to win that match again.  Then again I have some bias in there but like to think I can be pretty objective.

Agree that Gervacio is the cream of the crop at 182 rn.  Chew has really impressed me how he came through sections and states, almost like he figured something out about himself that just makes him really hard to score on and he just picks up a point or two along the way.  Omaury is a beast too.  I've known him and watched him wrestle since he came to a Fairview tournament when he was probably in the 3rd/4th grade.  He was built like a linebacker back then and just looks like a bigger version of that same kid I met way back when.  Fun to watch all these kids and the sport of wrestling mature and evolve in TN.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, durdon said:

Caleb beats a full strength Eason. 

Even not at full strength Corday beats both.  

Set the match up….rumor is there might be a opportunity soon. 

Let’s go Durdon…. how confident are you? and i don’t care about previous success. Corday is not the same wrestler as even a year ago.

Corday vs Terrell

Ill take the TN kid

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

195 is really incorrect. 

Hubbs wrestled Gabe Ferrell of Crockett twice.  Lost both. One by pin (team sectionals), one by decision (individual sectionals).  Zero chance Medina beats him as they have wrestled/trained together. 

Ferrell wrestled Atwood in the semis and lost in OT.  Should have been the finals but no clue how seeding was done in that bracket as Ferrell beat the two seed as well. Ridiculous.  Ferrell's only losses during the season was to out of state competition.  He is real handful and will be back for a monster senior season. 

Couldn't agree more.  Did you see where both Medina and Cooper gave Boyd all he could handle? I thought Cooper had him in the semi.  Had a 1 pt lead with a few seconds to go in the 3rd and gave up the two. 

Ferrell is the real deal as is Atwood. 

Stadle possibly returns next year too.  

If they all stay 195  wow, that class will be loaded.

2 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Couldn't agree more.  Did you see where both Medina and Cooper gave Boyd all he could handle? I thought Cooper had him in the semi.  Had a 1 pt lead with a few seconds to go in the 3rd and gave up the two. 

Ferrell is the real deal as is Atwood. 

Stadle possibly returns next year too.  

If they all stay 195  wow, that class will be loaded.

Stadel will be back.

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Let’s go Durdon…. how confident are you? and i don’t care about previous success. Corday is not the same wrestler as even a year ago.

Corday vs Terrell

Ill take the TN kid

I want some of that bet. Terrell or Uhorchuk will beat Corday. 

12 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Corday vs Terrell

Ill take the TN kid

I’m extremely confident but Corday just has surgery again right after state so it will be a while before they will be able to meet.  Corday is going to have a very prolific D1 wrestling career when he gets healthy.  Bryson is a really good wrestler but Corday is an elite wrestler who is on another level. 

And Uhorchuck and Corday are training partners and Ethan helped get Corday get back into shape to wrestle at state so you really don’t want to make that bet. 

Edited by durdon