Middle Tennessee Dream Team

WrestlingGod

Congrats to all the kids who made the Dream team! Here are the ones who made the first team

106- James Hicks (Wilson Central)

113- Owen Gobel (Franklin)

120- Jarvis Little (Summit) 

126- Casen Roark (Father Ryan)

132- Landon Desselle (Summit)

138- Sammy Shires (Rossview)

145- Riley Fort (Wilson Central)

152- Steven Fisak (Wilson Central)

160- Logan Heckart (Sycamore)

170- Will Parcel (Page)

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet)

182- Ben Marchetti (Father Ryan)

195- Nicolas Jenkins (Oakland)

Rob Atwood (Tousdale)

220- Noah Todd (Wilson Central)

285- Max Fisher (MBA)

17 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Congrats to all the kids who made the Dream team! Here are the ones who made the first team

106- James Hicks (Wilson Central)

113- Owen Gobel (Franklin)

120- Jarvis Little (Summit) 

126- Casen Roark (Father Ryan)

132- Landon Desselle (Summit)

138- Sammy Shires (Rossview)

145- Riley Fort (Wilson Central)

152- Steven Fisak (Wilson Central)

160- Logan Heckart (Sycamore)

170- Will Parcel (Page)

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet)

182- Ben Marchetti (Father Ryan)

195- Nicolas Jenkins (Oakland)

Rob Atwood (Tousdale)

220- Noah Todd (Wilson Central)

285- Max Fisher (MBA)

Interesting.  Someone want to explain 113 to me?

13 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

I'm assuming you mean Gobel getting it over Ford. 

The team is chosen before state duals. Their only meeting before state duals Ford forfeitted at the Admiral Inv finals. 

Edited by Ummmno

15 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

Freshman Brody Gobbell from Father Ryan beat Owen Gobel 10-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and finished 2nd in the State in a tough match against a four time state champ and West Point commitment. 

At 120, Calvin Eason from Father Ryan beat Jarvis Little 8-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and won a State Championship on one leg after not practicing for a month.

At 220, Gabe Fisher from MBA won his second state championship and just finished 5th at National Preps. Did he and Noah Todd wrestle at any point this season?

10 minutes ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

At 120, Calvin Eason from Father Ryan beat Jarvis Little 8-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and won a State Championship on one leg after not practicing for a month.

At 220, Gabe Fisher from MBA won his second state championship and just finished 5th at National Preps. Did he and Noah Todd wrestle at any point this season?

I'm pretty sure the team is voted on by the coaches. If you dont like who made it tell them, or make your own dream team. 

Otherwise it really doesnt matter. 

14 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I'm pretty sure the team is voted on by the coaches. If you dont like who made it tell them, or make your own dream team. 

Otherwise it really doesnt matter. 

Kudos to all of the kids. 

I respect every wrestler on that list (and any kid who chooses the sport) and anyone who spends time on rankings, because it makes for a fun conversation on this board and all of our communities. 

I was just surprised a couple of kids didn’t make it based on head to head match ups and state tournament results. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

Fisher was recognized as male wrestler of the year at the event.

3 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

I just assumed the Dream Team was to acknowledge the best wrestlers in each weight class from middle Tennessee, and not just to whomever.  Thanks, I stand corrected.

Again....

its voted on by the coaches. If you're not a fan of the list (or my guess is you or your son was left off) go complain to the coaches that voted. 

27 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Again....

its voted on by the coaches. If you're not a fan of the list (or my guess is you or your son was left off) go complain to the coaches that voted. 

Not complaining, just trying to understand the process.  If head to head is not considered and it's more a popularity vote, I'm fine with that.