Jump to content

Middle Tennessee Dream Team


Recommended Posts

Congrats to all the kids who made the Dream team! Here are the ones who made the first team

 

106- James Hicks (Wilson Central)

113- Owen Gobel (Franklin)

120- Jarvis Little (Summit) 

126- Casen Roark (Father Ryan)

132- Landon Desselle (Summit)

138- Sammy Shires (Rossview)

145- Riley Fort (Wilson Central)

152- Steven Fisak (Wilson Central)

160- Logan Heckart (Sycamore)

170- Will Parcel (Page)

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet)

182- Ben Marchetti (Father Ryan)

195- Nicolas Jenkins (Oakland)

Rob Atwood (Tousdale)

220- Noah Todd (Wilson Central)

285- Max Fisher (MBA)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Congrats to all the kids who made the Dream team! Here are the ones who made the first team

 

106- James Hicks (Wilson Central)

113- Owen Gobel (Franklin)

120- Jarvis Little (Summit) 

126- Casen Roark (Father Ryan)

132- Landon Desselle (Summit)

138- Sammy Shires (Rossview)

145- Riley Fort (Wilson Central)

152- Steven Fisak (Wilson Central)

160- Logan Heckart (Sycamore)

170- Will Parcel (Page)

Anthony Pyron (Mt Juliet)

182- Ben Marchetti (Father Ryan)

195- Nicolas Jenkins (Oakland)

Rob Atwood (Tousdale)

220- Noah Todd (Wilson Central)

285- Max Fisher (MBA)

Interesting.  Someone want to explain 113 to me?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

Interesting.  Someone want to explain 113 to me?

 

I'm assuming you mean Gobel getting it over Ford. 

 

The team is chosen before state duals. Their only meeting before state duals Ford forfeitted at the Admiral Inv finals. 

Edited by Ummmno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

Interesting.  Someone want to explain 113 to me?

 

Freshman Brody Gobbell from Father Ryan beat Owen Gobel 10-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and finished 2nd in the State in a tough match against a four time state champ and West Point commitment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At 120, Calvin Eason from Father Ryan beat Jarvis Little 8-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and won a State Championship on one leg after not practicing for a month.
 

At 220, Gabe Fisher from MBA won his second state championship and just finished 5th at National Preps. Did he and Noah Todd wrestle at any point this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

At 120, Calvin Eason from Father Ryan beat Jarvis Little 8-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and won a State Championship on one leg after not practicing for a month.
 

At 220, Gabe Fisher from MBA won his second state championship and just finished 5th at National Preps. Did he and Noah Todd wrestle at any point this season?

I'm pretty sure the team is voted on by the coaches. If you dont like who made it tell them, or make your own dream team. 

 

Otherwise it really doesnt matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I'm pretty sure the team is voted on by the coaches. If you dont like who made it tell them, or make your own dream team. 

 

Otherwise it really doesnt matter. 

Kudos to all of the kids. 
 

I respect every wrestler on that list (and any kid who chooses the sport) and anyone who spends time on rankings, because it makes for a fun conversation on this board and all of our communities. 
 

I was just surprised a couple of kids didn’t make it based on head to head match ups and state tournament results. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

At 120, Calvin Eason from Father Ryan beat Jarvis Little 8-4 in the Finals of the Johnny Drennan Invitational and won a State Championship on one leg after not practicing for a month.
 

At 220, Gabe Fisher from MBA won his second state championship and just finished 5th at National Preps. Did he and Noah Todd wrestle at any point this season?

Fisher was recognized as male wrestler of the year at the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mjg3 said:

I just assumed the Dream Team was to acknowledge the best wrestlers in each weight class from middle Tennessee, and not just to whomever.  Thanks, I stand corrected.

Again....

 

its voted on by the coaches. If you're not a fan of the list (or my guess is you or your son was left off) go complain to the coaches that voted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Again....

 

its voted on by the coaches. If you're not a fan of the list (or my guess is you or your son was left off) go complain to the coaches that voted. 

Not complaining, just trying to understand the process.  If head to head is not considered and it's more a popularity vote, I'm fine with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...