Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

That was a wild scene.   They gave every player from both teams flagrant fouls.  Ended the game at 1:43 with Farragut leading 63-50.   Will be interesting to see what happens for the region championship.  To my knowledge, no players were actually ejected. 

42 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol, that announcer sounds like he's calling a Ron Wright wrestling match over in Maryville. 

“Let me tell you something, Farragut, if you got the guts, you make your way to the National Guard Armory this Saturday night at 7:00 p.m.! Doors open at 6!”

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Indian said:

Looked like dark jersey team was the instigator

Hard to say. Many people are claiming #12 for Farragut was throwing elbows and connected which led to William Blount player throwing #12 to the ground. Both actions are clearly non basketball plays in modern hoops. We see weekly that accidental contact to the head or neck area is a flagrant every time. Let alone slinging your elbows towards two players heads. This isn’t the 1980s. Assault is not allowed in basketball anymore

• Like 1

I wasn't at the game but watched the video. I'm not saying nothing happened but I thought this was going to be a much bigger deal the way it was being talked about on twitter. 12 for Farragut threw some elbows but didn't connect (I'm not making excuses for him) and was then thrown to the floor...cue the madness. 

Farragut up 13 points with not much time left and I think they had been leading throughout.

Does anyone know what the score was of the girls game in Memphis on Friday when similar events happened? I'm curious how that compares. I have looked but can't find any details about the game besides the fight.

What would be the decision if this game was tied or a one possession game when events unfolded?

19 minutes ago, Indian said:

Looked like dark jersey team was the instigator

Won't matter initially. If multiple players from both teams threw punches, both teams will likely be banned from the playoffs and placed on probation/suspension from post season play into next season as well. TSSAA will review video and could possibly reverse one or both team's punishment, but it won't be in time for either of them to continue this year. I do believe that they (TSSAA) could do a better job of realizing that for the seniors this will be it, and effort should be made to get this right in a hurry...in reality they will charge the school filing the appeal for calling an "emergency" meeting, and it won't be in a timely enough manner for either team to continue in the post season anyway, regardless of fault.

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Won't matter initially. If multiple players from both teams threw punches, both teams will likely be banned from the playoffs and placed on probation/suspension from post season play into next season as well. TSSAA will review video and could possibly reverse one or both team's punishment, but it won't be in time for either of them to continue this year. I do believe that they (TSSAA) could do a better job of realizing that for the seniors this will be it, and effort should be made to get this right in a hurry...in reality they will charge the school filing the appeal for calling an "emergency" meeting, and it won't be in a timely enough manner for either team to continue in the post season anyway, regardless of fault.

There was definitely some pushing and shoving but I didn't see any punches thrown.