Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

After watching the video...this was not a fight. Very flagrant foul throwing a player to the ground, suspensions for bench players going onto the floor, and possible suspensions from ref's ejections. Maybe nothing more than that, or maybe TSSAA will feel that they need to "send a message", but not a brawl or fight in my opinion (which means squat).

• Like 1

I will be interested to see or hear if both teams left the benches. My understanding from people there that both had several players leave the bench plus several involved in the pushing/shoving. I am surprised the decision was to end a teams season with 1:30 left in a 3-4 possession game?! Makes one wonder if it wasn’t at Farragut if they call the game. Who makes that final decision? AD? Video shows Farraguts Principal involved.. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

I will be interested to see or hear if both teams left the benches. My understanding from people there that both had several players leave the bench plus several involved in the pushing/shoving. I am surprised the decision was to end a teams season with 1:30 left in a 3-4 possession game?! Makes one wonder if it wasn’t at Farragut if they call the game. Who makes that final decision? AD? Video shows Farraguts Principal involved.. 

I think it was the officials. In the video you can see one official giving an explanation at the table and then the 3 officials leave the floor.

4 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

I think it was the officials. In the video you can see one official giving an explanation at the table and then the 3 officials leave the floor.

It was the officials that made this call.  I was sitting directly behind the scorers table and heard every word of the decision 

7 hours ago, dirtydawg15 said:

I wasn't at the game but watched the video. I'm not saying nothing happened but I thought this was going to be a much bigger deal the way it was being talked about on twitter. 12 for Farragut threw some elbows but didn't connect (I'm not making excuses for him) and was then thrown to the floor...cue the madness. 

Farragut up 13 points with not much time left and I think they had been leading throughout.

Does anyone know what the score was of the girls game in Memphis on Friday when similar events happened? I'm curious how that compares. I have looked but can't find any details about the game besides the fight.

What would be the decision if this game was tied or a one possession game when events unfolded?

I agree I was expecting a brawl the way everyone talked…that was hardly a fight at all. 

It sounds like the refs lost control of the game. They’re the ones who should be punished. If the closest ref had blown his whistle and called the reach in foul earlier, then the elbows and ensuing shoving match might not have occurred. It was an obvious failing situation at that point in the game. Why wait until something like that happens?

This had been going on since the second quarter, just kept getting worse. You can't see it but all of Farragut's team came to about mid court. It doesn't matter but the Farragut Standing Student Section had been rowdy all night, really getting on the William Blount folks all night.  The School officials,and Police were all over the floor trying to restore order. 12 for Farragut wanted to get back and get a piece of 20 for WB, he had everybody trying to hold him back.

Bad situation all the way around. I was there for the Oak Ridge Bearden game thank goodness that one ended better, we lost but it did have good sportsmanship. 

• Upvote 1