Farragut William Blount fight

KnoxBball1969

28 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

This was not what I was expecting either.  I hate it for the kids, because this game will be a no contest, causing both teams to be disqualified from the rest of the season.  Harsh, but this is punishment enough.

If its a no contest, does Oak Ridge get the other sub-state spot? 

I agree , was not as bad as what people made it out to be. Feel like 12 from Farragut more for coming back at the coaches after everything was separated should be held accountable(ejected, suspended). Kid that threw him to the ground should have been ejected, too. Will be sad if Farragut's season ends on this game. I dont feel that they should have suspended game.

12 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

If its a no contest, does Oak Ridge get the other sub-state spot? 

No. My understanding is Bearden would be region champion by default. Region 1 game becomes a state qualifier as the winning team would not have an opponent for sectionals.

Edited by dirtydawg15

2 minutes ago, dirtydawg15 said:

No. My understanding is Bearden would be region champion by default. Region 1 game becomes a state qualifier as they would not have an opponent for sectionals.

That's not fair to Bearden.  I am not a Bearden fan but for them to have play while the Region 1 winner gets a free pass is mind boggling.  Since the loser of the Region Championship was traveling anyway why not send Oak Ridge.  Since Bearden is region champs Oak Ridge should be runner-ups

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

After watching the video...this was not a fight. Very flagrant foul throwing a player to the ground, suspensions for bench players going onto the floor, and possible suspensions from ref's ejections. Maybe nothing more than that, or maybe TSSAA will feel that they need to "send a message", but not a brawl or fight in my opinion (which means squat).

I agree. Not sure why this game couldnt have been finished. Flagerant on 20 in black (ejection if the refs think its warranted),  ejection and suspension for those that left the bench (15 and 22 in black) if anyone in white left the bench they didnt make it into the action. Technical on 12 in white for coming back to the action. Assess the penalties and finish the game. I do understand that the officials dont have the benefit of the video.

2 minutes ago, abo14 said:

I agree. Not sure why this game couldnt have been finished. Flagerant on 20 in black (ejection if the refs think its warranted),  ejection and suspension for those that left the bench (15 and 22 in black) if anyone in white left the bench they didnt make it into the action. Technical on 12 in white for coming back to the action. Assess the penalties and finish the game. I do understand that the officials dont have the benefit of the video.

Several people in this thread and at the game say the Farragut bench was around mid court (I have no clue if this is true). If this is the case, then they would have all been ejected and suspended right? What happens then?

I honestly have no idea. Would WB have won the game since all of Farraguts players would have been ejected even though they are down double digits?

• Like 1

But  William Blount's whole team was on the floor also. If they disqualify Farragut for being on the court then they have to disqualify William  Blount. 

Then Bearden and Oak Ridge should be representatives for Region 2 cause there ain't nobody left! lol Dang what a mess!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Several people in this thread and at the game say the Farragut bench was around mid court (I have no clue if this is true). If this is the case, then they would have all been ejected and suspended right? What happens then?

I honestly have no idea. Would WB have won the game since all of Farraguts players would have been ejected even though they are down double digits?

Me either,  I dont know the specifics of the rule. I wasnt at the game, only saw what was on video. I just know that they werent involved. I have no dog in the hunt. I just hate that the post season for that part of the state is in disarray because of this.

Edited by abo14