2022 Coaching Carousel - Vacant HC Positions

CoachAnderson

5 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

A coach goes 30-1 and is asked to leave?

Strange times at BA...coach goes 30-1, loses a hard fought game in the semi finals to a really good opponent, then is asked to step down....a few days later, BA announces they are ending the Flight League after 9 years, which is by far the most popular and competitive youth basketball league in the Nashville area.  This BA team was good, but to be determined if they even have a future D1 player on the roster.  McNair is not.  Tanner might be, but TBD.  I didn't care for some of Hoppe's antics, but the guy was a good basketball coach.  Not sure what exactly happened here. 

On 4/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, Navy21412 said:

Strange times at BA...coach goes 30-1, loses a hard fought game in the semi finals to a really good opponent, then is asked to step down....a few days later, BA announces they are ending the Flight League after 9 years, which is by far the most popular and competitive youth basketball league in the Nashville area.  This BA team was good, but to be determined if they even have a future D1 player on the roster.  McNair is not.  Tanner might be, but TBD.  I didn't care for some of Hoppe's antics, but the guy was a good basketball coach.  Not sure what exactly happened here. 

I have watched them since he took over and was very impressed. He may not have been Hubie Smith, but then again who is. Sounds like they got spoiled and expect to win a state title every year and it just doesn't work that way. I am in agreement that they don't have the super high level talent they've had in the past and yet still went 30-1 and lost in the semis and the year before I believe they lost in the championship game although I could be wrong on that one. If he wants to coach again I wouldn't think he would have any trouble finding a job. It will be interesting to see who BA hires as well. Tough gig for sure.

3 hours ago, thegame523 said:

I have watched them since he took over and was very impressed. He may not have been Hubie Smith, but then again who is. Sounds like they got spoiled and expect to win a state title every year and it just doesn't work that way. I am in agreement that they don't have the super high level talent they've had in the past and yet still went 30-1 and lost in the semis and the year before I believe they lost in the championship game although I could be wrong on that one. If he wants to coach again I wouldn't think he would have any trouble finding a job. It will be interesting to see who BA hires as well. Tough gig for sure.

They lost to a Knoxville Catholic team with three D1 (power 5) recruits.  Those are some ridiculous expectations from the administration to let a guy go with a 30-1 record.