Westview vs Loretto

sportslover88

How special is it that within 3 days of each other, all three AA Miss Basketball Finalist will have played at Westview and us fans get to watch it?! So much talent in this area and it's so fun to watch!!

Jada played with a ton of heart last night! You could tell in the 1st half she was favoring the ankle on her shots and then adjusted in the 2nd half. I would guess she had 8-10 assists last night as well! She is a special player and it's crazy that we will get the chance to watch her play and develop for one more year next year!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

How special is it that within 3 days of each other, all three AA Miss Basketball Finalist will have played at Westview and us fans get to watch it?! So much talent in this area and it's so fun to watch!!

Jada played with a ton of heart last night! You could tell in the 1st half she was favoring the ankle on her shots and then adjusted in the 2nd half. I would guess she had 8-10 assists last night as well! She is a special player and it's crazy that we will get the chance to watch her play and develop for one more year next year!!

Is the voting over for Miss Basketball or could this game have a say in it??

Read jadas article in the jackson sun today. Pure grit and determination right there! I predict we will see weather's get Ms basketball, but jada had another year and no doubt will continue to dominate and gain that title as well! Great times in TN high school basketball right now! Good luck to you all! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Jada is a very special player. Love how she takes care of the ball. With that being said as a Huntingdon fan I think she is ready to reclassify and move on to the next level.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:26 PM, sportslover88 said:

Westview vs Loretto Saturday night in Martin in substate….do or die…winner goes to state! The environment will be like it’s a state tournament game for sure!! Who do you have? What’s the keys for each team?

I usually keep comments like this to myself, but not this time...nothing against other teams in this classification, but the two best teams in Tennessee will play to see who goes to Murfreesboro, and who goes home. Also, the two best players respectively in the classification will be represented. Should make for a great game, great atmosphere, and will be long remembered by those who see it, but at the same time it will be a tragedy. Wont be the first time or the last, but it's a shame that one of the absolute best teams in the state will not be represented.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I usually keep comments like this to myself, but not this time...nothing against other teams in this classification, but the two best teams in Tennessee will play to see who goes to Murfreesboro, and who goes home. Also, the two best players respectively in the classification will be represented. Should make for a great game, great atmosphere, and will be long remembered by those who see it, but at the same time it will be a tragedy. Wont be the first time or the last, but it's a shame that one of the absolute best teams in the state will not be represented.

It is a tragedy.  One that wouldn't occur if TSSAA hadn't of divided the Memphis teams into 3 AA districts.  And look how that has turned out.....they have three districts, yet one team didn't even have to play a region quarterfinal or a region semifinal to get to the Region 8 Championship Game (Manassas).  

Edited by ptguard12
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ptguard12 said:

It is a tragedy.  One that wouldn't occur if TSSAA hadn't of divided the Memphis teams into 3 AA districts.  And look how that has turned out.....they have three districts, yet one team didn't even have to play a region quarterfinal or a region semifinal to get to the Region 8 Championship Game (Manassas).  

I think they should divide the state after 1st round of the region into east and west.  That leaves 16 in east and west.  Have a committee, make TSSAA earn their keep, and do the bracket just like college.  For example, Loretto and Summertown may be #1 seed in West and Summertown #2,  this would be from strength of schedule, wins and lossess from the strength of schedule, district championship.  All games are hosted by higher seed to reward a good season.  When both brackets get to final four, that is when you send teams to the state tournament, then re-evealuate or flip bracket.

3 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I think they should divide the state after 1st round of the region into east and west.  That leaves 16 in east and west.  Have a committee, make TSSAA earn their keep, and do the bracket just like college.  For example, Loretto and Summertown may be #1 seed in West and Summertown #2,  this would be from strength of schedule, wins and lossess from the strength of schedule, district championship.  All games are hosted by higher seed to reward a good season.  When both brackets get to final four, that is when you send teams to the state tournament, then re-evealuate or flip bracket.

Any time that you open seeding up to be decided by human beings, you invite corruption. There are better ways than the current system, but at least you earn your seeding on the floor. As much of a tragedy that I think it is for the loser of WV and Loretto to not be at Murfreesboro, ultimately it is because Summertown beat Loretto and sent them to Westview.

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Any time that you open seeding up to be decided by human beings, you invite corruption. There are better ways than the current system, but at least you earn your seeding on the floor. As much of a tragedy that I think it is for the loser of WV and Loretto to not be at Murfreesboro, ultimately it is because Summertown beat Loretto and sent them to Westview.

I understand, but if this continues, then teams like Gibson and Loretto will be sitting at the house while someone that has easier route goes to state and gets waxed by 20+.  It just waters down the experience for me.  We are in the same boat over here in the east.  McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman, and Alcoa.  McMinn Central and Alcoa play each other, but would end up beating pretty much any 2-A team in the east.

35 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

IMO the two best teams won their region championship out of the summertown/Loretto westview/Gibson county  matchups..

So, Loretto beats Summertown at Summertown by 19 (up by 23 at one point), at home by 14 (up by 25 or 26 at one point), and on a neutral court by 8 (after being down by 10 after 1 period), and because we lose 1 out of 4 to Summertown by 9 points that makes them the better team.  Ok, makes perfect sense.