Summertown vs Gibson County

pioneer42

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The pressure has turned up… it’s postseason basketball. I’d be interested in seeing Loretto’s scoring from last night.

Hard to beat good team 4 times in a row ( Summertown found that out last year ) in a one game scenario have to make adjustments on the fly - look forward to the challenge GC brings - y’all have safe trip 

13 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The pressure has turned up… it’s postseason basketball. I’d be interested in seeing Loretto’s scoring from last night.

It's not pressure, it's a total change in gameplan.  Hoping that changes back b4 Sat.  

We had decent, but still not regular season type help from role players.

Karly scored 16 in the 1st half.  She came out late (5 were already on the floor for the start of the 3rd) after half, and she was missing her long sleeves (haven't seen her play without long sleeves in a very long time).  That was the worst half of basketball in her career.  Almost like she was playing with an illness.  She definitely didn't look like herself, and was probably 1-10 from the field in the 2nd half and finished with 18.  

3 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Hard to beat good team 4 times in a row ( Summertown found that out last year ) in a one game scenario have to make adjustments on the fly - look forward to the challenge GC brings - y’all have safe trip 

You made mention to GC’s schedule a few weeks ago and how the tough schedule takes a toll and teams go through tired legs and lulls. Loretto has played a gauntlet of a schedule. I think they are in a little lull right now, but could snap out of it any game. Never know how teams respond. Loretto played extremely well in McKenzie last year. Never know when the switch will turn on. 

10 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

It's not pressure, it's a total change in gameplan.  Hoping that changes back b4 Sat.  

We had decent, but still not regular season type help from role players.

Karly scored 16 in the 1st half.  She came out late (5 were already on the floor for the start of the 3rd) after half, and she was missing her long sleeves (haven't seen her play without long sleeves in a very long time).  That was the worst half of basketball in her career.  Almost like she was playing with an illness.  She definitely didn't look like herself, and was probably 1-10 from the field in the 2nd half and finished with 18.  

Yeah the announcers noticed that as well. You never know. They have played a gauntlet of a schedule. Will be interesting both of these games. Any time you have a player like Karly Weathers on the floor it’s due to change any minute. 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah the announcers noticed that as well. You never know. They have played a gauntlet of a schedule. Will be interesting both of these games. Any time you have a player like Karly Weathers on the floor it’s due to change any minute. 

Would be nice if Gibson girls and boys could come Summertown same time but I’m sure TSSAA wouldn’t go for that 

8 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Would be nice if Gibson girls and boys could come Summertown same time but I’m sure TSSAA wouldn’t go for that 

Is what it is. Y’all have been to our place about three times in the last few years scrimmaging and games. I look forward to the experience. I hadn’t been to Summertown. Been to Loretto a couple of times. It is a blessing to be playing right?? 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Is what it is. Y’all have been to our place about three times in the last few years scrimmaging and games. I look forward to the experience. I hadn’t been to Summertown. Been to Loretto a couple of times. It is a blessing to be playing right?? 

What else would we be doing right now ( we’ll I could go crappie fishing but they’ll wait ) 

1 minute ago, Tennesseepicks said:

Gibson Co -4

I think all four teams can win it all. I think both games will be great games. Summertown is a good team year end year out and has been one of the better programs in the state the last several years. It will be a big challenge for us and we are looking forward to playing there.