Summertown vs Gibson County

pioneer42

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Congratulations to Westview and Gibson County, looks to me like a Westview/GC Championship.  

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Congrats GC. Let’s get to Part 5. Good road win and in a one game series, Wilkins is tough. 

Appreciate it. Man it was a tough environment. We knew we would have to go in and be loud and get off to a great start and we did. Micah had 30 I think. Cantrelle held Burleson to two points. GC’s pressure won them the Turnover Battle. All of GC players contributed. Summertown cut it to two with about 2 minutes left. Middle of the 4th everyone in the gym was standing. It was a heavyweight fight. A Balboa Apollo Creed fight. The Campbell kid is a beast. Her and Micah going at it in the 4th was worth the price of admission. Brasier and Wilson made some money buckets as well. Burdette and Madison went at it. Total slugfest. I am very thankful for the win. Summertown fans are classy people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. Man it was a tough environment. We knew we would have to go in and be loud and get off to a great start and we did. Micah had 30 I think. Cantrelle held Burleson to two points. GC’s pressure won them the Turnover Battle. All of GC players contributed. Summertown cut it to two with about 2 minutes left. Middle of the 4th everyone in the gym was standing. It was a heavyweight fight. A Balboa Apollo Creed fight. The Campbell kid is a beast. Her and Micah going at it in the 4th was worth the price of admission. Brasier and Wilson made some money buckets as well. Burdette and Madison went at it. Total slugfest. I am very thankful for the win. Summertown fans are classy people. 

Likewise up here at the Horseshoe. Loretto fans were friendly and classy. Great towns that live and love basketball. Spoke with several. Good folks. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 2:34 AM, pioneer42 said:

Just got through listening and watching the Summertown Loretto game. Summertown did play well, but Loretto didn’t look like the Loretto early in the year. Summertown also with 11 Turnovers in the first half while neither team was pressing. Loretto also playing man to man all night. Kind of shocking. 

@pioneer42 congratulations on y’all’s win! Still got work to do! 1 game at a time but Gibson County versus Westview part 5 in the ship could happen! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

If it happens reminds me of last year Summertown-Loretto  scenario - hard to beat good team at neutral site 4 straight times ( Gibson Co looked awfully good last night ) 

What was your opinion on GC last night??  I watched it online and will say the atmosphere seemed incredible.  Sounded like GC fans hung in there with the hometown crowd.  It’s sad to that 2 of these four teams had to go home this early.