Jason Hunt leaves Peabody's team

Macnarry

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Man oh Man ! Considering a lot of us know each other personally on here, I know I can speak for some and truly question why this is even a option, someone said he just sat a couple games and was always coming back ! That’s a absolute lie ! I will support our young men that fought to get here but this is a major    Disappointment  !!!!!

Moral of this story, be selfish and have a crazy dad and you get what you want!! Maybe I need to be a crazy dad.

16 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Sad fact is they are a good enough “team” without him to have a shot to win it all !! With him they have one more guy that can score  but a horrid team chemistry 

Agreed. Just seems like majority of the team is there to win a state championship, but I have a feeling one them is more worried about getting his 20-25 points. I can't see him quitting on the team if he wants to win a state championship.

16 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agreed. Just seems like majority of the team is there to win a state championship, but I have a feeling one them is more worried about getting his 20-25 points. I can't see him quitting on the team if he wants to win a state championship.

Even though I’m WV alumni. I have lots of family in Trenton. I know the hunt family well. This move dosent surprise me. Do I agree with it absolutely not. But it is what it is. I won’t go into any details but this couldn’t have happened at a worse time. 

17 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Sad fact is they are a good enough “team” without him to have a shot to win it all !! With him they have one more guy that can score  but a horrid team chemistry 

Don’t be surprised if when he checks into the game, the player he is checking in for refuses to leave the floor. What would happen then? Coach would have to use a timeout and then this would all come to a head live in front of everyone. You have no idea how bad the team chemistry is right now. No where in the rule book does it say you must leave the floor when someone checks in for you. Also, who is he going to room with in the hotel? He quit on his teammates. They ALL read the article!! In my day, you don’t need no coach to handle that business. He is not exactly a weight room warrior.

7 hours ago, BABABA said:

Idk why y’all are surprised by this, the team has been a discipline disaster all year! 

If so, coach missed a good opportunity to get some credibility back...no way I betray my team by allowing a kid and/or his dad decide whether they are a member of my basketball team after bailing on them at a critical time. Team pulled together without him and got to Murfreesboro on their own accord, then he wants back in the spotlight...nope!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If so, coach missed a good opportunity to get some credibility back...no way I betray my team by allowing a kid and/or his dad decide whether they are a member of my basketball team after bailing on them at a critical time. Team pulled together without him and got to Murfreesboro on their own accord, then he wants back in the spotlight...nope!

Well said sir. Could not agree more!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 10:00 AM, thunderbolts said:

That is a definite NO!! Peabody never wanted Hunt to come to Trenton. We knew that this group was going to be good for a while. The Kee brothers and Ganaway are good players. The other two starters are good role players. We have some good leadership from the PLAYERS on this team and the majority of these players have played in extremely high level games before albeit basketball or football. Most of these kids are winners not only in sports but also off the court. I don't want to bash a kid on here, but Hunt would not and could not imagine the work that the majority of his teammates have put in over the past few years to accomplish what they have athletically. I think it showed with all the adversity facing these kids over the last week that they went into Memphis and beat a very good MASE team. This is a special group of kids in Trenton right now, I know they have their faults but I think we could all learn something from these kids. "They are getting out of bed and going to work" everyday.

If "Peabody never wanted Hut to come to Trenton" then how does his Dad end up being an assistant coach? I'm just saying.