AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 minute ago, mas1821 said:

IMO, if Alcoa plays a perfect game, they're the only ones with a shot against WV.

But, more likely, WV wins every game with no game being closer than 10-15 points.

Never know. I am rooting for them but keep in mind their style of play has close games written all over it. Up here in a close game you are a technical foul away from losing. 

4 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

IMO, if Alcoa plays a perfect game, they're the only ones with a shot against WV.

But, more likely, WV wins every game with no game being closer than 10-15 points.

You know that Gatlinburg-Pittman beat Alcoa twice right? 

GP vs Alcoa in the championship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Never know. I am rooting for them but keep in mind their style of play has close games written all over it. Up here in a close game you are a technical foul away from losing. 

Or you might be getting your bench to be quite and not whining because they didn’t and you lost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

How many games up here have you seen a ball go out of bounds on a bad pass and the ref, standing out of bounds taps it back in play and the game keeps rolling?? Tell me that you POS. 

Classy move!!! Enjoy the rest of tournament from home.  Win or lose next game we played one more than you.  So I’ll be the happy POS.  

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

How many games up here have you seen a ball go out of bounds on a bad pass and the ref, standing out of bounds and the game keeps rolling?? Tell me that you POS. 

I still don’t know where they get these guys but as much as we )Summertown ) been there I’ve never and I mean NEVER seen any of them 

31 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Westmoreland struggled from FT and their top scorer had her worst game of the year.  Tough loss to one of the best AA teams from the regular season.

Great win, Alcoa!  Congrats!

Yep, unfortunate! Gotta gotta hit free throws in these games. Alcoa played good, good luck on the rest of the tournament! 

3 minutes ago, option76 said:

Classy move!!! Enjoy the rest of tournament from home.  Win or lose next game we played one more than you.  So I’ll be the happy POS.  

Just telling it like it is. You better have that clown with you reffing the next one because your good fortune will end quick.

30 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I think all three of these teams would give Westview a good game.  That’s in huge part to the style of play of Westview. You can hang around with there slow tempo.

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

I think all three of these teams would give Westview a good game.  That’s in huge part to the style of play of Westview. You can hang around with there slow tempo.

I agree. Westview could blow teams out playing fast too likely with this group. They play well fast. 

29 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

You know that Gatlinburg-Pittman beat Alcoa twice right? 

GP vs Alcoa in the championship.

GP doesn't match up well wit WV..  Only saying if Alcoa plays perfect because of the combo of guard and bigs..   In all honesty, I don't think either stand a chance.