AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

7 minutes ago, YorkPride21 said:

It had no effect on the game due to the game still having the same score even after the FTs... GC didnt have any points in the 4th quarter until around 2 minutes left in the game... is that the officials fault too for you all missing shots? Anyways, The official is technically a part of the floor. If the ball is still in bounds while its hitting an official it is still in play from my knowledge of the rule (someone feel free to correct me if im wrong). There's no reason to be as upset as you are right now and calling people names. Yall have a great team and had a great year... im sure you all will be back next year as well... Just give credit where credit is due is all I'm saying because these girls deserve it. It just not a good look blaming officials for a loss when it wasn't officiated very well both ways.

If official out of bounds ball is out of bounds and can’t be a “little “ bit out of bounds 

1 hour ago, YorkPride21 said:

Lets all be real here... i realize some of you are upset about the officials but York got the shaft in the first half also. Foul count was 2 GC - 7 York. Foul count in the 2nd half (if i remember correctly) was 12 GC - York 5... BUT most of the GC fouls came late in the game putting them on the line... The officials were not the cause for the game ending the way it did... And also the Tech... Do i agree with it? No, absolutely not but it was not game changing... York was up by 2, GC hit 2 FTs to tie it and York hit theirs so it evened out in the end... Don't see how that changes an outcome... Could it have been officiated better? Of course, as with any game. But to take credit away from the team that won and blame it on officials is just a bad look. GC has a great team and much respect to them it was a great game to watch and both teams battled hard until the end!

You're only saying the tech wasn't "game changing" because York won by 3. Of course, it was a game changer. The heck you talking about? The official redeem York with their foul.

One of the worst officiating games I've witnessed was the Westview/Cheatham County girls game in 2019 in Murfreesboro. Westview flat out got screwed. I still have the videos to prove it. Gibson County got screwed today. The officiating has been bad for decades, they're just getting exposed now due to better quality of cameras and social media. To sit there and say this call and that does "doesn't change the outcome of the game" is an insult to the players and coaches who spent hours and hours in the summer and throughout the season, and to the respected parents and fans who spent countless hundreds of dollars throughout the duration of the season, and money on this trip.

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You're only saying the tech wasn't "game changing" because York won by 3. Of course, it was a game changer. The heck you talking about? The official redeem York with their foul.

GC had ZERO... i repeat ZERO points in the 4th quarter until those FTs with about 2mins left... Would you not think that is the real "game changer" instead of something that lead to the score still being the same afterwards? You all had a 9 point lead and blew it and now its the refs fault but we all know if yall had held onto the lead and won it would have been a great officiated game and you guys would be happy as could be lol.

1 minute ago, YorkPride21 said:

GC had ZERO... i repeat ZERO points in the 4th quarter until those FTs with about 2mins left... Would you not think that is the real "game changer" instead of something that lead to the score still being the same afterwards? You all had a 9 point lead and blew it and now its the refs fault but we all know if yall had held onto the lead and won it would have been a great officiated game and you guys would be happy as could be lol.

Reason they had zero points is because they got fouled four or five possessions before the tech. Don’t give me that BS. You got your Christmas present early this year. Ref was obviously a York guy. No way these calls go that way unless he is connected. Total BS.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Reason they had zero points is because they got fouled four or five possessions before the tech. Don’t give me that BS. You got your Christmas present early this year. Ref was obviously a York guy. No way these calls go that way unless he is connected. Total BS.

You obviously don't know York lol. We usually always get the worse end of the deal from the refs. But go ahead and investigate if you wish... I promise you wont find anything :lol:

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

One of the worst officiating games I've witnessed was the Westview/Cheatham County girls game in 2019 in Murfreesboro. Westview flat out got screwed. I still have the videos to prove it. Gibson County got screwed today. The officiating has been bad for decades, they're just getting exposed now due to better quality of cameras and social media. To sit there and say this call and that does "doesn't change the outcome of the game" is an insult to the players and coaches who spent hours and hours in the summer and throughout the season, and to the respected parents and fans who spent countless hundreds of dollars throughout the duration of the season, and money on this trip.

So to say York won because of officials is not disrespectful to the players, parents and fans from York?  Officials are human and will continue to be part of a game.  Never heard a winning team complain about the officials.  GC had a good team just as York does. Refs  will always be a part of the game and if your team loses it’s the easiest thing to blame them, been there done that. And I’m sure I’ll be complaining about it again but I also know to let it go and say maybe next time it will bounce our way.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

If official out of bounds ball is out of bounds and can’t be a “little “ bit out of bounds 

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I appreciate the honesty. Reason I’m so mad. We spend tons of money for our program amd to go down like this is unacceptable. I hadn’t found out who he is but he will be found out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, option76 said:

So to say York won because of officials is not disrespectful to the players, parents and fans from York?  Officials are human and will continue to be part of a game.  Never heard a winning team complain about the officials.  GC had a good team just as York does. Refs  will always be a part of the game and if your team loses it’s the easiest thing to blame them, been there done that. And I’m sure I’ll be complaining about it again but I also know to let it go and say maybe next time it will bounce our way.  

Well said, 100% agree

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, option76 said:

We have lost five times and hadn’t blamed refs one time. When TSSAA says you got screwed, you got screwed.