AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I hope you beat by 50 the next game you POS. 

I’m not a York fan but proud of them. And to call me a POS means you’re just pitiful. You act like no one else spends money on their local program. And you certainly are a keyboard warrior with your name calling. Guarantee you won’t call me a POS to my face. Bless it.

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

From someone who was there with no bias...Ref's ruined a classic battle. Absolutely no debate about the no call out of bounds, as that's black and white. Clearly the ref caused the ball to return to play after contact while he was out of bounds, and any rookie should know that. Second is the tech...I have seen refs take some verbal abuse and look the other way when a tech was warranted to avoid doing what that particular official jumped at. Whatever the circumstances, you don't alter the course of the game in that manner. The final margin was 3, ref definitely gave York 2 of those, and in all honestly probably changed the tactical approach for both teams. Do I think York wins without those two miscues? The real answer is that I don't know, and that I feel robbed of ever knowing.

I’m going to give York credit for playing the way they were allowed to play, hanging in there, and the obvious no call of out of bounds came at a crucial point in the game did have an effect on the game. Sad to see officials determine an outcome in any game, much less this stage. 

We, WV, did not play a great game today. We will have to play better to beat Alcoa. We handled the ball decently, but missed some shots we typically make. Hopefully, today was our bad day. Riverside was outmatched and we could’ve pressed them off the floor, but we were comfortable with the flow of the game. Luckily, the refs in our game called a pretty fair game and probably benefited Riverside a little more but not too outrageous. 

On to Alcoa now and that’s who we’re focused on. 

56 minutes ago, option76 said:

So to say York won because of officials is not disrespectful to the players, parents and fans from York?  Officials are human and will continue to be part of a game.  Never heard a winning team complain about the officials.  GC had a good team just as York does. Refs  will always be a part of the game and if your team loses it’s the easiest thing to blame them, been there done that. And I’m sure I’ll be complaining about it again but I also know to let it go and say maybe next time it will bounce our way.  

Congratulations to York, I do remember the last time they went to the Murphy Center in 2006. I didn't realized that was the last time they went. The players made their shots early, they made a run, and they made enough free throws to squeak by. 

It's not that officiating is bad throughout the state, that's evident. It's that the officiating is bad when we don't need them to be bad. And for some reason, it's always happening in Murfreesboro. I do understand some of the "best" officials are currently not in Murfreesboro. It's just the officials currently in Murfreesboro are just the "next to go" from their associations. I'm not the biggest fan of that, but I'm okay with that. We all know officials are apart of sports, and they are one of the reasons why sports are great. However, I don't believe there is any accountability from officials and their mistakes other than a simple "1-2 game suspension." And if they do get suspended, then boy they made a mistake like give a team an additional timeout. If the same thing happened in November, I'm sure there would be a bark here and there, the assigner, evaluator, or the state would know about the mistake, and we move on. Games in November aren't as important in March. The first Westview/Gibson County game doesn't carry the same amount weight as what we saw just last week. 

As I stated earlier, no official working a conference or tournament game this month at the collegiate level, are going to issue a technical foul with it being a 2 point game and 2 minutes ago (unless it's just something outrageous). It's just something you don't see. And if you do see it, feel free to let me know. And if an official is currently out bounds and touch the ball, then it's out of bounds. It's basketball 101, It's common sense, and every one inside the Murphy Center knows an official is apart of the court. We already have enough problems in our state with no shot clock and going to four classifications. However, officials blunders at the biggest moment of the season is continually to be one, and it's not getting addressed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, option76 said:

May lose by 50 but we played one more game than you.  And I am a POS (pleasantly optimistic sports fan). Have a great night and good luck with softball season. 

Like I said enjoy your Christmas present because karma will get you the next one. You didn’t win beat us. Refs gave it to you. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Like I said enjoy your Christmas present because karma will get you the next one. You didn’t win beat us. Refs gave it to you. 

Lord.. what a crybaby. Now you’re not even giving York credit. You, sir, are a terrible loser and a disgrace to your fan base.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Can anyone state what the “ghost” technical was actually called for? 

They said one of our girls just said foul. Well the foul they called wasn’t as bad as the three or four possessions before that. He called a foul and then went over to the bench and called a technical for our girl saying it was a foul before he called it. Our girl made her foul shots to tie it. Then they got to go down and shoot two and we had to foul them so it was a four point play. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They said one of our girls just said foul. Well the foul they called wasn’t as bad as the three or four possessions before that. He called a foul and then went over to the bench and called a technical for our girl saying it was a foul before he called it. Our girl made her foul shots to tie it. Then they got to go down and shoot two and we had to foul them so it was a four point play. 

Chicken manure you are