AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

3 minutes ago, powerpoint said:

Here's a question. The foul was called on the block on the catch. Player then starts to make a post move to opposite side of basket. Referee called foul on floor. Not a bonus situation. Why would GC shoot free throws anyway?

Great question. Because the refs were wearing York hats according to pioneerboy 

6 minutes ago, imright4now said:

Great question. Because the refs were wearing York hats according to pioneerboy 

I don’t mind getting beat. Not a problem. Getting it taken is different. Anybody that knows me on here knows I am not an official basher. Never have been. Pull up posts. Don’t happen. 

Edited by pioneer42

Close games go to the team who didn't turn it over and rebounded, most of the time. 

York turned it over 12 times to Gibson's 8, but out rebounded them 32-26. Speaks to the closeness because it evens it all out. With the foul count even, the discrepancy in FTs seems to be that York's were in 1-1 situations or while shooting as to Gibson's were not in the act.

• Like 2

Someone post some stats on here.  Like turnovers, free throw percentages, and field goal percentages.  I haven’t even seen the game, and know that the calls you guys are discussing are probably accurate.  We tend to forgot the things that happen all game Long as in missed shots, turnover, and just plain ol mistakes that our non-perfect kids are supposed to make!  NO!  Let’s not give credit to the team that hung in there and from what I can tell made a 9-0 run, if I’m correct, in the 4th.  My point is quit teaching the children that blaming someone else as in the officials from what I can take is 2 “bad calls” cost them the game.  Sorry, that’s not the case folks!  Im going to watch the game and see what this is all about! Quit calling each other names and act your age guys

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They said one of our girls just said foul. Well the foul they called wasn’t as bad as the three or four possessions before that. He called a foul and then went over to the bench and called a technical for our girl saying it was a foul before he called it. Our girl made her foul shots to tie it. Then they got to go down and shoot two and we had to foul them so it was a four point play. 

Very sad. We were pulling for y’all and that’s a very bad time that late in the game for an official to inject his emotion into a tight game. 

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They said one of our girls just said foul. Well the foul they called wasn’t as bad as the three or four possessions before that. He called a foul and then went over to the bench and called a technical for our girl saying it was a foul before he called it. Our girl made her foul shots to tie it. Then they got to go down and shoot two and we had to foul them so it was a four point play. 

I am not fussing or saying the technical was  warranted or not . I will say players should not be yelling at the ref. Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one. I think a player talking back to a ref or yelling from the bench should be technical 1 minute into the game the same as it should be with 1 minute into the game.  I don’t get to yell at my boss when I think they miss something at work. 

2 minutes ago, myadvice said:

Someone post some stats on here.  Like turnovers, free throw percentages, and field goal percentages.  I haven’t even seen the game, and know that the calls you guys are discussing are probably accurate.  We tend to forgot the things that happen all game Long as in missed shots, turnover, and just plain ol mistakes that our non-perfect kids are supposed to make!  NO!  Let’s not give credit to the team that hung in there and from what I can tell made a 9-0 run, if I’m correct, in the 4th.  My point is quit teaching the children that blaming someone else as in the officials from what I can take is 2 “bad calls” cost them the game.  Sorry, that’s not the case folks!  Im going to watch the game and see what this is all about! Quit calling each other names and act your age guys

More than 2. Reason for the 9-0 run. We had three players they wrapped saddles around so they could ride.

2 minutes ago, option76 said:

I am not fussing or saying the technical was  warranted or not . I will say players should not be yelling at the ref. Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one. I think a player talking back to a ref or yelling from the bench should be technical 1 minute into the game the same as it should be with 1 minute into the game.  I don’t get to yell at my boss when I think they miss something at work. 

Players jump in excitement on every bench I have seen since playing ball. You mean to tell me these kids are now to not say a word on the bench?? Give me a break. 

10 minutes ago, myadvice said:

Good post

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, myadvice said:

results.cfm?id=113597I thought someone would never ask. Lol

Edited by King21
  • Like 1