AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

No way you win the next one because you didn’t win this one. 

I’m okay either way I’m proud of our team. I can always hang my hat that the team everyone picked out of our bracket went home by us.   And getting to have fun with people crying over the officials made it even better.  53 to 50 have a good night.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, option76 said:

I’m okay either way I’m proud of our team. I can always hang my hat that the team everyone picked out of our bracket went home by us.   And getting to have fun with people crying over the officials made it even better.  53 to 50 have a good night.  

You are Ok either way?? Main reason that striped POS should not be on the floor again. 

59 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Very sad. We were pulling for y’all and that’s a very bad time that late in the game for an official to inject his emotion into a tight game. 

Get out there and win it. I have pulled for Westview a bunch over the years. Bring home the Gold. 

• Like 2

A West TN basketball fan here who was pulling for GC.  I just rewatched the game and checked the play-by-play stats.  GC went on a 9-0 run to go up 43-34 with 1:00 left in the 3rd qtr. York followed that with an 11-0 run ending with GC finally making 2 free throws with 2:00 left in the game. That was 7 minutes without GC scoring a point.  A scoring drought like that can involve multiple factors. Great defense. Bad offense. Turnovers. Some bad luck. Some bad calls. The technical foul call was an ill timed, overreaction mistake by the official. However, the GC team made their share of mistakes as well.  In the end, that long scoring lull was just too much for GC to overcome.  It sucks for GC but give credit to York for fighting back and getting the win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Torcaldad said:

A West TN basketball fan here who was pulling for GC.  I just rewatched the game and checked the play-by-play stats.  GC went on a 9-0 run to go up 43-34 with 1:00 left in the 3rd qtr. York followed that with an 11-0 run ending with GC finally making 2 free throws with 2:00 left in the game. That was 7 minutes without GC scoring a point.  A scoring drought like that can involve multiple factors. Great defense. Bad offense. Turnovers. Some bad luck. Some bad calls. The technical foul call was an ill timed, overreaction mistake by the official. However, the GC team made their share of mistakes as well.  In the end, that long scoring lull was just too much for GC to overcome.  It sucks for GC but give credit to York for fighting back and getting the win.

Good post.

9 hours ago, Torcaldad said:

Going to be a scoring drought when they get the touch fouls and we didn’t. Cantrelle fouled twice to the rim harder than any foul on the other end, Micah twice harder than on the other end, Madison fouled twice harder than the other end, Madison gets pushed from behind on a steal and no call, Madison gets a steal with less contact they call it on her, two times they run over our girls, both were blocks, official is by the scorers table out of bounds knocks the ball back in play, they call a technical foul on the end of the bench and they were just settting there. BS chain of events. I just watched it. They got every touch foul call and we didn’t get nothing and the fouls on there end they got was less contact than ours. Refs got emotionally involved in the game and chose for York to win it. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be a scoring drought when they get the touch fouls and we didn’t. Cantrelle fouled twice to the rim harder than any foul on the other end, Micah twice harder than on the other end, Madison fouled twice harder than the other end, Madison gets pushed from behind on a steal and no call, Madison gets a steal with less contact they call it on her, two times they run over our girls, both were blocks, official is by the scorers table out of bounds knocks the ball back in play, they call a technical foul on the end of the bench and they were just settting there. BS chain of events. I just watched it. They got every touch foul call and we didn’t get nothing and the fouls on there end they got was less contact than ours. Refs got emotionally involved in the game and chose for York to win it. 

As someone without a dog in that fight, you are not wrong.... A lot of questionable calls and several that are not even close to correct. Hate to see that for the seniors. The bad news is the officiating is only going to get worse. 

20 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

As someone without a dog in that fight, you are not wrong.... A lot of questionable calls and several that are not even close to correct. Hate to see that for the seniors. The bad news is the officiating is only going to get worse. 

TSSAA needs to address the refs getting emotional involved in games at state. Refs do a lot better in regular gyms. They totally took the fourth quarter over. Our coach don’t complain to his players about refs, but he did yesterday. You can’t call a touch foul on one end in a fourth quarter game and let harder contact go on the other. Don’t work that way. I had plans to stay the week and watch games, but TSSAA is not getting any more money from me this week but I  am pulling for Westview, South Side, McKenzie, Gleason and Dresden. Hope West TN wins it. I will be watching it. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

TSSAA needs to address the refs getting emotional involved in games at state. Refs do a lot better in regular gyms. They totally took the fourth quarter over. Our coach don’t complain to his players about refs, but he did yesterday. You can’t call a touch foul on one end in a fourth quarter game and let harder contact go on the other. Don’t work that way. I had plans to stay the week and watch games, but TSSAA is not getting any more money from me this week but I  am pulling for Westview, South Side, McKenzie, Gleason and Dresden. Hope West TN wins it. I will be watching it. 

We caught 20 crappie Saturday just saying 

I’ve watched several games this year.  There is NO way I would sign my name and pay my money to officiate.  Y’all talk about tssaa needs to address officials getting emotional.  Step back and take a look at yourselves.  I love the game, I go watch games with no ties to anyone!  A lot of times I just stand up.  Dont even like sitting in the crowd anymore.  You people want to jump on the officials for getting emotional, go back and watch the video of your crowds..  Good lord!!  I get it, there are bad calls, BUT there are always more good calls than bad usually.  I’ve watched parents storm down steps to the bottom acting like FOOLS, yet y’all want to place blame on the only people who are brave enough to get out there and allow your kids to play the game.  So let’s talk about some emotion.  I keep hearing they are short, y’all go sign up! Do better!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3