AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

27 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Those inside girls for Alcoa are tough. I believe it’ll be a great game and very close. Hopefully, WV can keep it close and squeak it out in the 4th. A very different Alcoa team than the one before Christmas. 

If Westview hits shots today they should do better, I hope WV gets the W. Semifinals is always where we tend to fall. This is the game they lost last year.

37 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

If Westview hits shots today they should do better, I hope WV gets the W. Semifinals is always where we tend to fall. This is the game they lost last year.

36 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

WV by 10 plus.

I know very little about Alcoa, but they obviously are a good team. Will say this. Westview needs to get as many in the paint buckets as possible, IMO. The more they do that the 3 will be even more of a threat because they have great shooters. Was very impressed that Westview got the W against Loretto especially after not hitting any three’s. As a GC Fan, I felt really good about playing Westview in a state championship game. Why?? Because all four games GC had more points in the paint by a good margin. Thought even defending them well they just backed up to 25 feet and was hitting three’s and I liked our odds with them shooting long range three’s. Westview has to get great penetration from Jada and more of a mentality of getting the ball to Barr inside and let that open up their great outside game. JMO. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I know very little about Alcoa, but they obviously are a good team. Will say this. Westview needs to get as many in the paint buckets as possible, IMO. The more they do that the 3 will be even more of a threat because they have great shooters. Was very impressed that Westview got the W against Loretto especially after not hitting any three’s. As a GC Fan, I felt really good about playing Westview in a state championship game. Why?? Because all four games GC had more points in the paint by a good margin. Thought even defending them well they just backed up to 25 feet and was hitting three’s and I liked our odds with them shooting long range three’s. Westview has to get great penetration from Jada and more of a mentality of getting the ball to Barr inside and let that open up their great outside game. JMO. 

Is Alcoa taller than Loretto?

2 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Is Alcoa taller than Loretto?

They have some heighth, but I wouldn’t think player for player they are taller than Loretto. Just think Westview has to play aggressive and get in the lane and feed Barr when you can or kick out, take the transition opportunities when available. Get them great shooter uncontested. We played Gatlinburg Pittman this summer in Murfreesboro and they have beaten them three times I believe but some have been close. They got the 6’0 and 6’1 transfers that got elegible about a month or so ago. Will be a tough game. They all are at this stage.

53 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They have some heighth, but I wouldn’t think player for player they are taller than Loretto. Just think Westview has to play aggressive and get in the lane and feed Barr when you can or kick out, take the transition opportunities when available. Get them great shooter uncontested. We played Gatlinburg Pittman this summer in Murfreesboro and they have beaten them three times I believe but some have been close. They got the 6’0 and 6’1 transfers that got elegible about a month or so ago. Will be a tough game. They all are at this stage.

The 2 transfers were sisters and I don't think they are that tall.  The older is a bruiser on the boards.

6 minutes ago, gogold said:

The 2 transfers were sisters and I don't think they are that tall.  The older is a bruiser on the boards.

The younger sister is unofficially 6'2", her older sister probably 5'10". Just looking at them, one can see that much difference. What I have come to understand about girls basketball is the phenomena of taking up space. These girls do that. And no, they are not fat.