AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

My experiences with York was from attending the 8AA Region 4AA games usually vs Upperman or Macon where every time the Lady Dragons were on offense the fans would scream that refs missed a foul (I am talking like missed wide open shots with no one around) and when the other team was clearly fouled it was “let the kids play” from a large percentage of fans. Those games were certainly not close most of the time and would have a running clock in the 4th quarter. My dad noticed it also even when we did not sit close to each other and several different games.  I don’t hold anything against the York players and coaches for the actions of parents and refs but I just find it funny that 2 games in a row York has gotten some very generous benefits from very bad calls and it’s not a peep of complaints from the same people that would be insane if they lost in the same manner.

What fan base isn’t like this tho? Lol cmon now lets be real. There’s always going to be “those fans” with any fan base. If you ever been to any games in the Upper Cumberland just about every fan base is like this. We are all passionate and very supportive of our teams up here… doesn’t mean we’re bad people because of it… we just like to get rowdy and loud! 8-)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, YorkPride21 said:

Did you even watch the game? We had a foul called on us that sent GP to the line with 30 seconds left. They hit both of those to make it a 3 point game, York drove down the court and scored real quick to cut it down to 1. GP throws the ball out of bounds after that. York gets the ball on their bench to inbound and gets the game winning runner with 2-3 seconds left. Not sure what game you were watching but there was no fouls in the last 30 seconds other than the one where we sent GP to the line. Two of our starters fouled out in the 4th quarter so to say we got all the calls is just an outrageous statement… I don’t think GP had anyone in foul trouble the whole game but oh well It is what it is lol see y’all at the Championship game… 8-)

Might have been 45 seconds or so when the offensive foul was called on GP. Very cheap. Then the GP blocked shot that the media jumps all over on Twitter after that that put number 14 on the line that tied it up. All happend late late in the game. We will see what happens today. 

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Might have been 45 seconds or so when the offensive foul was called on GP. Very cheap. Then the GP blocked shot that the media jumps all over on Twitter after that that put number 14 on the line that tied it up. All happend late late in the game. We will see what happens today. 

This game won't be close enough for the refs to affect the outcome, imo.

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Westview is dictating the tempo of this game. If something doesn’t change they will win this game going away. York needs to pressure the ball more in my opinion. Westview looks to comfortable. 

Haskins is one of the best I’ve ever seen at dragging the other team into his kind of game. There D seems to hypnotize teams. At some point you have to attack a zone D or you’ll just simply run out of clock.