AAAA State Matchups

Bump11

18 minutes ago, Dadof23 said:

Every one of Bearden's starters are D2 or higher kids led by a 6'2 D1 center and Miss Basketball finalist and Tennessee Tech signee Jennifer Sullivan.  The only team in TN that can touch them is Ensworth and that was a barn burner.  Nobody said they would win every game by 15 but they won't be challenged if they play to their potential.

D2 really? Tn tech really? Ther schedule was nothing short of playing the school of the blind. The only good teams they played they lost to. I assure you they wont walk thru blackman or cookeville! Besides east tn teams are historically weak compared to middle tn teams with the exception of Bradley central. 

Edited by 90warrior
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 90warrior said:

D2 really? Tn tech really? Ther schedule was nothing short of playing the school of the blind. The only good teams they played they lost to. I assure you they wont walk thru blackman or cookeville! Besides east tn teams are historically weak compared to middle tn teams with the exception of Bradley central. 

They beat the 3rd ranked team in the country... Montverde Academy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 90warrior said:

I was just thinking to myself today, that little ole Emily Monson who  has signed to play ball at Purdue and a hand full of players like Wilson and Hamby have a lot of college interest. Now I know that Purdue certainly does not carry that same level of respect that Tennessee Tech has in the world of womens college sport , especially basketball. Just look at all the college dynamos that have come out of Tenn Tech, You remember ,,,,uhhhhm ohhhh whats her name ... you know the one....who ...ummm... well ummmmm,,, I am sure they churned out the greats from the basketball factory in Cookeville, . Unfortunately Blackman and Oakland both said they would just line up and get that butt whoopin that Bearden was guaranteeing to put on them. As for DADof 23.... He might get to eat crow again.... 1st after the McMinn Blackman game and now this Bearden Blackman game.... 

13 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

They beat the 3rd ranked team in the country... Montverde Academy.  

exactly.  I am hoping they just don't lay an egg like they did in the first round last year. This team was fun to watch during the season and if they play to their potential, they will be hard to beat.  Burgess coming this year was HUGE

I don't know if Cookeville will make it past today or Friday.  But I have wanted to see them match up with Bearden or Blackman all year.   To be the best you have to beat the best and that is our goal.    Looking at the matchups,  I think Cookeville has the best matchup for either team player for player with 5 scorers on the court, great rebounding,  and great defense.   They have a 30-1 record against one of the toughest schedules in the state.  No they didn't beat a top 10 team in the nation.    But they didn't play a top 10 team in the nation or maybe they would have.   You can only beat the teams that you play and they beat every team they played (even the team they lost to 2x).   I would LOVE for them to have that chance to get to that game.  But Oakland is all they are thinking about right now and I am sure it will be a war.   Good luck ladies!

Edited by LadyCavsFan

20 hours ago, 90warrior said:

22 point victory is a good walk through 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1