AAAA State Matchups

Bump11

3 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

Not enough ball to go around for what's at Upperman and all of Cookeville's talent.  Will be interesting to see where all those State Championship middle schoolers end up.

Upperman also has a set of twins in the 8th grade that are going to be very hard to handle. One will probably start as a 5’9 point guard next year!

13 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

Not enough ball to go around for what's at Upperman and all of Cookeville's talent.  Will be interesting to see where all those State Championship middle schoolers end up.

Putnam County is open zone for all freshman, Monterey is the hidden gem for immediate playin time for some boys and girls. Some may move cross county lines to White and Jackson County. Upperman will probably expand in future and another high school built in Putnam. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, Blaze45 said:

I don't know Bearden has an "all star team" and nobody comes within 15..... Heck I'll let Blackman girls and Oakland know they might as well stay home cause Bearden's already won the championship, just ain't nobody told these other teams that. I personally say lace'm up and play the game. I bet most teams make a game of it no matter what. 

Tip of the cap to Cookeville, that run they went on at the end of the first half was a difference maker. 

Very proud of this Oakland team. Didn't have the most talent, speed, etc. but found a way to win 24 games on their way to state playing a very tough schedule. I had doubts about the future of the program when Grandstaff left, but it's in good hands

5 hours ago, repoman said:

Putnam County is open zone for all freshman, Monterey is the hidden gem for immediate playin time for some boys and girls. Some may move cross county lines to White and Jackson County. Upperman will probably expand in future and another high school built in Putnam. 

Or most will go to Cookeville as they have the past 4 years and they can put a couple gold balls up.   Cookeville has 5 seniors in this class so there is plenty of room and Cookeville is going to be very good next year as well.  But this is a topic for a different day.   There are some Gold balls up for grabs this week. 

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Tip of the cap to Cookeville, that run they went on at the end of the first half was a difference maker. 

Very proud of this Oakland team. Didn't have the most talent, speed, etc. but found a way to win 24 games on their way to state playing a very tough schedule. I had doubts about the future of the program when Grandstaff left, but it's in good hands

Oakland played a very good game.   It was a fun game to watch.  Hopefully we will play again next year in regular season. 

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Oakland played a very good game.   It was a fun game to watch.  Hopefully we will play again next year in regular season. 

Much appreciated. Losing Nelson early hurt, but this team hasn't played at full strength all year and have done great things in spite of it.

Got a ton of respect for Cookeville. I don't know if Oakland will continue to play them but given that Oakland had a pretty daunting schedule, I'd say the chances are good. If it was up to me, I'd schedule all of the old 7-AAA teams, just doesn't feel the same.

Oakland had some rock fights with Cookeville under Mindy Odom. Always surprised me she wasn't more successful in the postseason, but just shows just how hard it is in this state. Best of luck to you guys

• Like 1