A State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

Hampton. Don’t know much of either team just based on what i’ve heard this one will be close ball game.

MAHS. Although If ER’s wing players shoot the ball well and Groves can make the right plays with all the attention on him this one could be closer than ppl think. ER has good athletes.

Clay. This will be a great game just think Strong is too good and they are too well coached to get beat 1st round. Have a good chance to win it all.

Peabody. After winning against a good MASE in sectionals I like PB. Apparently one of best players left right before sectional game but they still seem to be playing very well regardless. 

1 hour ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

Hampton. Don’t know much of either team just based on what i’ve heard this one will be close ball game.

MAHS. Although If ER’s wing players shoot the ball well and Groves can make the right plays with all the attention on him this one could be closer than ppl think. ER has good athletes.

Clay. This will be a great game just think Strong is too good and they are too well coached to get beat 1st round. Have a good chance to win it all.

Peabody. After winning against a good MASE in sectionals I like PB. Apparently one of best players left right before sectional game but they still seem to be playing very well regardless. 

How does Clay Co this year compare to last years team ? 

4 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Let's hear who and why?

Hampton vs West Carroll 

MAHS vs East Robertson 

North Greene vs Clay Co.

McKenzie vs Peabody 

West Carroll.  - They have the best player on the court in Anglin. WC by a small margin.

MAHS.  - I believe this game will get ugly. I have been wrong before before, but this MAHS team has next level next level bunnies and are relentless until they score. They will pressure the ball unlike anything East has ever faced. The pace of this game of this game will be very interesting. Only gets ugly if full on track meet imo.

Clay Co.  - Clay is just going to be a little better in this game. Good performance from Strong and Clay wins by about 10.

McKenzie.  - Yes, I know, Peabody is the favorite and by most accounts should win... But their team is up in the air at the moment and the coach doesn't have any control the that team. Meanwhile, McKenzie is playing solid team basketball and I believe pulls the upset and gets the dub. 

#SavageSpeaks 

2 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

How does Clay Co this year compare to last years team ? 

The team overall has the same philosophy as last year with all the pieces back except the PG. It starts on the defensive end they’re going to play physical defense and they have pretty good length. Just about Every possession is going through Strong in some form or fashion and he has added some stuff to his bag since last March and the guard play overall so far has been solid taking care of the ball, and especially on the defensive end. One other difference imo is the bench is deeper if they have to they can play 8or9 guys without a huge drop off. If CC is allowed to dictate the pace of their games and the role players make shots and the right plays when they double Strong they should be fine because defense always travels better than O in the glass house. The other thing is they have been in this situation before and that’s a huge advantage! 

Hampton by 6 

MAHS by 12

Clay by 12

Peabody by 3

MAHS vs Clay for all the marbles again should be closer this year since all of MAHS players have had a whole season of chances to play with their players that joined them this year. Let’s just hope they don’t add any like they did last year after the Region tourney. 

CC by 6 

7 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

West Carroll.  - They have the best player on the court in Anglin. WC by a small margin.

MAHS.  - I believe this game will get ugly. I have been wrong before before, but this MAHS team has next level next level bunnies and are relentless until they score. They will pressure the ball unlike anything East has ever faced. The pace of this game of this game will be very interesting. Only gets ugly if full on track meet imo.

Clay Co.  - Clay is just going to be a little better in this game. Good performance from Strong and Clay wins by about 10.

McKenzie.  - Yes, I know, Peabody is the favorite and by most accounts should win... But their team is up in the air at the moment and the coach doesn't have any control the that team. Meanwhile, McKenzie is playing solid team basketball and I believe pulls the upset and gets the dub. 

#SavageSpeaks 

I agree Coach doesn't have control of team.If he let's Hunt come back and play,just to win.Hope Trenton gets beat.Hate saying that.

Edited by mrbigster

39 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

West Carroll

MAHS

North Greene

Peabody - why do two teams from West TN play each other? How was this decided?

Hampton and NG are from the Same Region and Clay County and East Robertson are from the same region too (All the east teams came from two regions) so both were placed in opposite brackets since thats the rule and the other should have been a blind draw