A State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I haven't seen them since they played Mitchell a few years back, but it was plain that the coach knew which way was up. Mitchell had some serious talent on the floor and a good coach themselves...with all due respect to the Hampton kids, they were way outmatched player for player but discipline, hustle, grit, and plain old basketball savy had them in the game late. Unless things have changed a lot at Hampton they will be a tough out for anyone, much less a team with a attitude issue's.

I'm just curious to where this attitude thing comes from? I'm not going to pretend I'm at every game or anything but I've probably watched more WC basketball the past 3 years than the whole time I was in school. I can't recall seeing anything that would have me think that. 

7 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'm just curious to where this attitude thing comes from? I'm not going to pretend I'm at every game or anything but I've probably watched more WC basketball the past 3 years than the whole time I was in school. I can't recall seeing anything that would have me think that. 

Maybe it was an isolated incident, but didn't appear to be...Scotts Hill game, the PG got upset, got tossed, took his jersey off and threw it at the coach when he got about halfway to the bench. Star player and coach had heated words too. Just didn't feel like Coach had "control" or the respect that good disciplined teams have, and felt like that kind of thing had happened before, and would again.

8 hours ago, crazzyness said:

I'm sure having him is a difference maker. But, you being a local of the UC, I don't think you fully appreciate how tough a task driving 4 hours to go play a team from the upper Cumberland at their house is!! That's worth a few points too. Only tougher home environments I'd even compare to that is going to Cloudland when they had strong teams, and having to travel to Sneedville.

You’d be wrong there sir. I guarantee everyone it’s a huge advantage for these kids in middle Tn to sleep in their own beds at night and then drive to the game like any other game. It DOES make a difference. So I’m with you on that one!

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Maybe it was an isolated incident, but didn't appear to be...Scotts Hill game, the PG got upset, got tossed, took his jersey off and threw it at the coach when he got about halfway to the bench. Star player and coach had heated words too. Just didn't feel like Coach had "control" or the respect that good disciplined teams have, and felt like that kind of thing had happened before, and would again.

Really? Wow. What in the world is going on?

I blame a lot of this on parents/administration and board members. That group of people have a tendency to get up set when a coach gets into a kid and coaches him hard or don't play their kids  and then people freak out when a kids acts like this.

Obviously, this should never be tolerated!!!!!! A kid should never be allowed to act like that.

However, when kids are being told the coach doesn't know what he is doing, you should be playing more, you are better than those kids out there playing or politically connected people's kids are playing when they should never touch the court, etc.... 

Those people make it really hard on a coach to have a disciplined program. Just saying

20 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I blame a lot of this on parents/administration and board members. That group of people have a tendency to get up set when a coach gets into a kid and coaches him hard or don't play their kids  and then people freak out when a kids acts like this.

Obviously, this should never be tolerated!!!!!! A kid should never be allowed to act like that.

However, when kids are being told the coach doesn't know what he is doing, you should be playing more, you are better than those kids out there playing or politically connected people's kids are playing when they should never touch the court, etc.... 

Those people make it really hard on a coach to have a disciplined program. Just saying

Believe me, I'm the poster boy for parents shouldn't undermine their kid's coaches...no way that kid plays hard for the guy/girl who the parents are pumping the kid that coach isn't any good. Maybe that's it or maybe not, but it didn't appear to be the problem. PG was mouthing most of the game...especially on foul/turnovers involving him. He was called for a foul, mouthed to the ref, T'd up, kept mouthing and was ejected...not sure why he pulled his jersey off and threw it at the coach. The "star" didn't do anything that extreme, but mouthed/argued with coach a few times (I was right behind the bench), mouthed to our kids all night, and gestured and mouthed to the crowd.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm certain it was isolated. Can't really defend that type of behavior though. But seeing as the only time I remember us play SH was December and we are now in March I think it's fair to move past that if it's the only incident in question.

5 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'm certain it was isolated. Can't really defend that type of behavior though. But seeing as the only time I remember us play SH was December and we are now in March I think it's fair to move past that if it's the only incident in question.

I understand your position, and have no reason to make a big deal about it...you'll have to try to understand though that I've seen them play once, and it didn't leave me with a great impression. I hope that it's a non issue, and they play well in the tourney...if they do, they're talented enough to give anyone problems.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I understand your position, and have no reason to make a big deal about it...you'll have to try to understand though that I've seen them play once, and it didn't leave me with a great impression. I hope that it's a non issue, and they play well in the tourney...if they do, they're talented enough to give anyone problems.

No I get it. I do the same thing for better and worse. We have a first year HC and I'm sure there were bumps in the road especially closer to the beginning of the season. Hopefully that's all behind us and we have a good showing in Murfreesboro. 

10 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Great post. You said it all right here. Coach not gonna get a lot of respect when mom and dad trashing em at the house and saying there stupid and can’t coach and so on. Really sad. 

11 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

Great post. You said it all right here. Coach not gonna get a lot of respect when mom and dad trashing em at the house and saying there stupid and can’t coach and so on. Really sad. 

It ties the coach's hands when that happens. Add a school board that is politically motivated and the coach doesn't stand a chance.