A State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

11 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I'm way on the outside of this, but yes, he "announced" to the public via Jackson Sun (newspaper) that he was concentrating on selecting a college or some rubbish of the sort...the team pulled together without him and sent one of the favorites from Memphis home. All of a sudden, when there's a spotlight to be seen in, here comes him and dad back. Turns my stomach.

I go to a lot of Peabody Football games and one of the basketball players quit before the Lake County playoff football game because he wanted to go play basketball. Heard a fight broke out on the basketball floor a little while later with that player and a football player. I also went to a game early in the year and the players and coaches were arguing loud then. I also heard the player that quit a couple of weeks ago was at the substate game. Never know about his situation. There have been other situations besides him I know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Unbelievable that a coach would allow this to happen. I coached for several years and there is no way a player would have been allowed to even approach me to come back after quitting on the team let alone the fact he announced to the newspaper’s he was concentrating on something else. What a joke. 

That is not the only problem this year the team has had. 

8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Unbelievable that a coach would allow this to happen. I coached for several years and there is no way a player would have been allowed to even approach me to come back after quitting on the team let alone the fact he announced to the newspaper’s he was concentrating on something else. What a joke. 

When players gets bigger than the coaches, its a sad deal, it happens at every level. Winning is not worth doing things for a stud that you wouldn't do for a bench player. I love sports but I loved it much better 20 years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

When players gets bigger than the coaches, its a sad deal, it happens at every level. Winning is not worth doing things for a stud that you wouldn't do for a bench player. I love sports but I loved it much better 20 years ago.

It has trickled down from the NFL, NBA , etc to college and now small town USA. They get there way or they pick up there toys and go home. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

It has trickled down from the NFL, NBA , etc to college and now small town USA. They get there way or they pick up there toys and go home. 

Clearly the team was better off without him.  Going into Memphis and winning a substate game is huge!  No way I would have let the player back on the team.  Coach has zero credibility now. 

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clearly the team was better off without him.  Going into Memphis and winning a substate game is huge!  No way I would have let the player back on the team.  Coach has zero credibility now. 

I never understood him playing at all, Tide is loaded with ballers without him, both Key Brothers and Ganaway and several more !

Just now, PeabodyPride said:

I never understood him playing at all, Tide is loaded with ballers without him, both Key Brothers and Ganaway and several more !

I have no doubt Peabody with have some good athletes on the floor.  They will be a tough out for sure and could very well win if Clay doesn’t play good defense. Now I doubt Peabody has played against someone as good as Strong and if he gets his 30+ then Clay will be hard to beat. He puts so much pressure on the other teams defense and gets to the foul line a lot. Clay has one of, if not the best coach in Class A basketball in Coach Edwards. His teams are always well prepared and fundamentally sound on defense. Granted he’s been blessed with players like Tyreke Key and Grant Strong but give him credit for developing them. Should be a dandy game. Can’t wait to see it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rocketboy21 said:

You have never watched coach carter and it shows!

I won’t argue , because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just think once you let players start this kind of stuff then you open the door for others to say hey he did it why can’t I. My opinion has nothing to do with how many games I’ve watched him coach.