AAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

21 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Great job Greeneville. North Side was not ready for them at all. Of course having Mr. Basketball is a huge help. Kid can play

I tried to tell everyone this Greeneville team is better than last year and have played tougher competition than they will see at state this week.  Gillespie should be a back to back Mr. Basketball but got robbed last year of it (held that Mr. Basketball to 8 points while he put up 28 on him) 

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I tried to tell everyone this Greeneville team is better than last year and have played tougher competition than they will see at state this week.  Gillespie should be a back to back Mr. Basketball but got robbed last year of it (held that Mr. Basketball to 8 points while he put up 28 on him) 

He is a great player. Greeneville played great. I saw North Side 5 times this year and they played awful yesterday. the moment was too big for them. But that happens to a lot of teams their first time in the tournament in a long time.

11 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

He is a great player. Greeneville played great. I saw North Side 5 times this year and they played awful yesterday. the moment was too big for them. But that happens to a lot of teams their first time in the tournament in a long time.

I think Greeneville's D had something to do with that too. (Forced 22 TO and had 12 steals).  It looked like JNS hadn't seen tough D played on them all year and when Greeneville started hitting their shots after a slow start in the 1 quarter it was all over from there

41 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I think Greeneville's D had something to do with that too. (Forced 22 TO and had 12 steals).  It looked like JNS hadn't seen tough D played on them all year and when Greeneville started hitting their shots after a slow start in the 1 quarter it was all over from there

The opponent always has something to do with the performance of the opponent but NS got and missed a ton of easy shots. Greeneville played decent defense but not just overpowering by no means. NS flat out laid an egg. Greeneville flat out played a great game. 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

I don’t see any one in the tournament that can compete with Greeneville when they are playing well

56 minutes ago, 802Tomcat said:

That Fulton team looks good 

Fulton always has the athletes and has a Hall of Fame Coach.  Going to 4 classifications definitely helped this year because it bumped Fulton into a different substate area, If not it would have been either Fulton or Clinton coming to Greeneville for the substate (Which Fulton had to do the last two year losing by 25 and 13 the year before that)

• Like 1