AAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

34 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Don't tell that to the SS fans since they believe they are better than last year but also thought NS and Fayette Ware had chances to win it all too with their "Eye Test" :rolleyes:

They can’t really believe that? This is the worst SS team in 3 years which is one heck of an accomplishment for what they’ve been. They’re a layup or bust team. Can’t score 2 if they get fouled on the layup either because they can’t shoot free throws. The SS guys on here are mostly trolls from what I’ve seen. That or they don’t know basketball outside of Jackson with their insane north side predictions 

20 minutes ago, 731Ball said:

They can’t really believe that? This is the worst SS team in 3 years which is one heck of an accomplishment for what they’ve been. They’re a layup or bust team. Can’t score 2 if they get fouled on the layup either because they can’t shoot free throws. The SS guys on here are mostly trolls from what I’ve seen. That or they don’t know basketball outside of Jackson with their insane north side predictions 

The sad part is, I truly think they do believe that after they tried to Troll me on the State Championship's thread.  They assumed since they gave Greeneville a close game last year (Even though they were the better team in their eyes) and NS beat them the last time the two played that NS would give Greeneville a game. (I tried to tell them Greeneville is even better this year after another year in the weight room and Gym). Heck they even said we would finish 3rd in their district and that their district would eat us alive not to mention his "truth" was his eye test :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

Fulton always has the athletes and has a Hall of Fame Coach.  Going to 4 classifications definitely helped this year because it bumped Fulton into a different substate area, If not it would have been either Fulton or Clinton coming to Greeneville for the substate (Which Fulton had to do the last two year losing by 25 and 13 the year before that)

When we played yall in 2015 it was good game for the championship. 

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

The sad part is, I truly think they do believe that after they tried to Troll me on the State Championship's thread.  They assumed since they gave Greeneville a close game last year (Even though they were the better team in their eyes) and NS beat them the last time the two played that NS would give Greeneville a game. (I tried to tell them Greeneville is even better this year after another year in the weight room and Gym). Heck they even said we would finish 3rd in their district and that their district would eat us alive not to mention his "truth" was his eye test :lol:

3rd in their district? Hahahahaha 

A few recent statistics about South Side mens program for all the keyboard wannabe's to commit to memory;

Four year (2018-2022) record: 104-9

Third straight dance: 2019 - 2022

Three straight years as AP ranked #1 wire to wire. 2020 - 2022

Third DIFFERENT Mr Basketball finalist in 9 years.

Five appearances at the tournament in 9 years

Two State runner ups in 9 years

One State Championship in 8 years.

2 players at major D1 schools including Cincinnati and Arkansas in 8 years.

For any program that has some success even if fleeting, congratulations on the accomplishments. For others that have some sustained progress, we wish them well also.

Year in and year out, South Side is the gold standard in mens high school basketball in this state. We don't want to be like anyone else. Everyone else wants to be like us. And everyone wants to beat us. Some do and that's ok. We'll reload every year.

To conclude a lot of dialogue from computer cowboys, Nick Saban says it best, "Everybody wants to take the week off before playing us."

Best of luck to everyone out there.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

Fulton always has the athletes and has a Hall of Fame Coach.  Going to 4 classifications definitely helped this year because it bumped Fulton into a different substate area, If not it would have been either Fulton or Clinton coming to Greeneville for the substate (Which Fulton had to do the last two year losing by 25 and 13 the year before that)

Hopefully we can get by a good Jackson SS team to meet the Devils ...  Devils definately got the best bracket but hopefully playing better teams on the way will help us  ..  yes Greeneville won big last year ..  we started 3  freshmen and a soph  last year  .. those guys are  a year older  ...  and will be for 2 more years so looking good for Falcons  .. with a stud frosh coming up too ..  if we are so lucky and you have to play them one at a time .. SS  has a good team and Falcons will be hard pressed to win  but if we somehow pull that  out  then hopefully we are able to stay on the court with the mighty " already have the state won "  DEVILS  

Edited by Cooper10

22 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

A few recent statistics about South Side mens program for all the keyboard wannabe's to commit to memory;

Four year (2018-2022) record: 104-9

Third straight dance: 2019 - 2022

Three straight years as AP ranked #1 wire to wire. 2020 - 2022

Third DIFFERENT Mr Basketball finalist in 9 years.

Five appearances at the tournament in 9 years

Two State runner ups in 9 years

One State Championship in 8 years.

2 players at major D1 schools including Cincinnati and Arkansas in 8 years.

For any program that has some success even if fleeting, congratulations on the accomplishments. For others that have some sustained progress, we wish them well also.

Year in and year out, South Side is the gold standard in mens high school basketball in this state. We don't want to be like anyone else. Everyone else wants to be like us. And everyone wants to beat us. Some do and that's ok. We'll reload every year.

To conclude a lot of dialogue from computer cowboys, Nick Saban says it best, "Everybody wants to take the week off before playing us."

Best of luck to everyone out there.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

South Side got those kids to D1’s? I don’t remember it going that way and we played yall during the glory days where you actually had D1 talent