AAAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

I’ll take:

DB. Coffee County plays hard but think they will just have a hard time slowing DB down will be a close one.

Beech. Although I’d say alot of ppl like Bartlett and Amarr Knox and he’s a great player I just wasn’t impressed much by Memphis East a very similar team like I thought I would be and it swayed my pick from a coin flip.  Knox and JR Jacobs are great players for Bartlett I just think Beech seems stronger, bigger and more physical compared to a mostly wirey, quick team in Bartlett. My favorite matchup in 4A. How the officials call the game either tight or let em play will be a big factor as well

Cane Ridge. Hoping Bearden actually gives them a tough game. Brandon Miller and the boys are just so athletic and skilled they almost play at a different level than anybody in the state. 

Lebanon. I think Jarred Hall 6’8” and Yarin Alexander 6’6” are as athletic and big as anybody ive seen this year I think they give clarksville fits with their size and ability to cover so much hardwood on defense. Clarksville has to be feeling great after big win over Memphis East but will need a huge game from JJ Wheat to win this one. 2nd favorite Matchup in 4A.

Atleast 2 of the 4 games will be very close. Gonna be a great day of basketball for the first round of 4A state tourney play in the Boro. Hope alot of ppl can make it out to watch some high level ball

I don't know much of anything about the other teams in the tournament besides the one I follow (D-B) and Bearden, but I will give it a shot.

I'll take the Tribe over Coffee County.  I will admit though, there are times we shoot the lights out (70% FG% in the region championship final I believe) and times when we can't throw it in the ocean, like last night against Farragut.

Bartlett over Beech

I'll take Bearden over Cane Ridge.  This seems to be a massive upset to 99% of the posters here but I saw Bearden against Berkmar in the Arby's Classic and the Dawgs took the Georgia 7A finalist down to the wire in the first round of the Arby's.  They obliterated everyone else they played in the losers bracket.  I haven't seen Cane Ridge.  Look forward to next week though based on what everyone else says here.

I'll take Lebanon over Clarksville.

Semis:

Bartlett over D-B (hope I am wrong here obviously)

Bearden over Lebanon

Finals:

Bartlett over Bearden

• Upvote 1

DB and beech will advance to play each other, lebanon and cane ridge will advance which should be appointment TV. way back on 11-16-21 CR beat lebanon 71-47 much different lebanon team now with a thirst for a championship. not sure if hall will be guarding miller which will forsure get him in foul trouble if he can stay on the floor this game should be close. going to have some big time D1 players on the floor dont miss this one

2 hours ago, SavageSpeaks said:

Let's hear who and why?

Coffee Co. vs Dobyns-Bennett 

Bartlett vs Beech 

Bearden vs Cane Ridge 

Lebanon vs Clarksville 

Dobyns-Bennett. -  Coffee Co. gets a fairly good draw in game one and will fight hard until the buzzer sounds. They simply won't have enough against DB, as they (DB) win by somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 points. 

Bartlett-  Beech has had a tremendous season and will give Bartlett a good run up and down the floor, and yes, this should be a track meet. Knox and company get it done in a high scoring thriller. Game total around 145 for this game.

Cane Ridge-  This may be the Ravens toughest test. Bearden is well coached and will have a scheme for Brandon Miller and the Ravens offense. They should take one out of Walker Valley's playbook last night and play a box and 1, sag the box, and force the other 4 to shoot threes. However, all that and more wouldn't stop Brandon Miller from leading his team to the semi-finals. NBA caliber three level scorer. 

Clarksville- This will be the most interesting game of the day in AAAA. I fear Lebanon falls into a 3 point shooting contest that results in an L for them. They (Lebanon) must be relentless attacking the rim and crash the offensive glass to advance to the semis. 

#SavageSpeaks

Dobyns-Bennett - veteran team with 70+ games started by 4 of the starting 5. Fantastic guard play, quick and very good ball handlers. Anyone of 6 could score 20 pts. depends on the matchups...and all can shoot the 3 pretty good. High scoring team.

Chris Poore is a fantastic Coach. This is his 2nd Team at the State Tournament in last 6 seasons..2 seperate teams, Jefferson County and DB.  

7 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Dobyns-Bennett - veteran team with 70+ games started by 4 of the starting 5. Fantastic guard play, quick and very good ball handlers. Anyone of 6 could score 20 pts. depends on the matchups...and all can shoot the 3 pretty good. High scoring team.

Chris Poore is a fantastic Coach. This is his 2nd Team at the State Tournament in last 6 seasons..2 seperate teams, Jefferson County and DB.  

Jefferson County has not been to the state tournament in the last 6-7 years, I’m pretty sure. About time he got The Mighty Indians there. Only took a smack fight by the rich kids in west Knox to get him there. “Fantastic coach” is a stretch. 

8 hours ago, Ballin89 said:

Jefferson County has not been to the state tournament in the last 6-7 years, I’m pretty sure. About time he got The Mighty Indians there. Only took a smack fight by the rich kids in west Knox to get him there. “Fantastic coach” is a stretch. 

They were there in 2014. Taking two different programs to the State Tournament is something a lot of coaches can't say they have done.  Who is to say if what happened to Farragut didn't happen that DB still wouldn't have won?  You are throwing speculation around since the last team to beat Farragut besides Bearden was Morristown East who DB eliminated.  Poore is the fastest coach to reach 100 wins in DB History and righted a sinking ship before he took over.

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

They were there in 2014. Taking two different programs to the State Tournament is something a lot of coaches can't say they have done.  Who is to say if what happened to Farragut didn't happen that DB still wouldn't have won?  You are throwing speculation around since the last team to beat Farragut besides Bearden was Morristown East who DB eliminated.  Poore is the fastest coach to reach 100 wins in DB History and righted a sinking ship before he took over.

Bearden's coach has taken two teams to State.....Cherokee and Bearden