AAAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

11 hours ago, Ballin89 said:

Jefferson County has not been to the state tournament in the last 6-7 years, I’m pretty sure. About time he got The Mighty Indians there. Only took a smack fight by the rich kids in west Knox to get him there. “Fantastic coach” is a stretch. 

I kinda' agree, "Fantastic coach" might be a stretch at this point, but he could get there. He has brought DB back from the trash pit that the last coach left them in. I think he did a really good job coaching in all but one game this year (the loss to Science Hill). It's impossible to say Farragut would beat DB with all their starters in the game. So you're just throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks. I would rate those two teams about even with a slight edge to DB. As for the tourny, I'll give DB a slight edge against Coffee Co. but from here on out every team will have to be at their best to advance. Their all good. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, HonkyNinja12 said:

I’ll take:

DB. Coffee County plays hard but think they will just have a hard time slowing DB down will be a close one.

Beech. Although I’d say alot of ppl like Bartlett and Amarr Knox and he’s a great player I just wasn’t impressed much by Memphis East a very similar team like I thought I would be and it swayed my pick from a coin flip.  Knox and JR Jacobs are great players for Bartlett I just think Beech seems stronger, bigger and more physical compared to a mostly wirey, quick team in Bartlett. My favorite matchup in 4A. How the officials call the game either tight or let em play will be a big factor as well

Cane Ridge. Hoping Bearden actually gives them a tough game. Brandon Miller and the boys are just so athletic and skilled they almost play at a different level than anybody in the state. 

Lebanon. I think Jarred Hall 6’8” and Yarin Alexander 6’6” are as athletic and big as anybody ive seen this year I think they give clarksville fits with their size and ability to cover so much hardwood on defense. Clarksville has to be feeling great after big win over Memphis East but will need a huge game from JJ Wheat to win this one. 2nd favorite Matchup in 4A.

Atleast 2 of the 4 games will be very close. Gonna be a great day of basketball for the first round of 4A state tourney play in the Boro. Hope alot of ppl can make it out to watch some high level ball

Bartlett and East are not similar. Bartlett deeper and more talented and longer than East. East was young this year and not very deep only going about 6 sometimes 7 deep. Bartlett can go 10-12 deep and can throw, 6'8, 6'5, 6'6, 6'6 and 6'10 at you if Javar Daniels is good to go. The difference between them and East was depth and experience. Jacobs is pretty good at the pg for them, they have shooting with Regale Moore and Charvez Ambrose and defensively, they can pressure you and if you wanna get  into an up and down game, they can do that too. I like the Eli Rice kid from Beech but unless he goes crazy, like 30-40, I think Bartlett wins that game by double digits.

• Like 1

Memphis City Schools is now the SCIAA. They changed a few years ago. The landscape has changed a bit though especially with more and more kids going to municipal (county) schools and the private school side now. If it wasn't for Covid, Amar Knox and the the leading scorer in Memphis or 2nd leading scorer would have been at Central. Covid hurt the inner city schools in Memphis bad and they will take awhile to recover probably. East is probably the best inner city school right now but their academics have changed and it's more of a stem school now so it's hard to get into and they can't get transfers much because if you not there as a 9th grader, you probably won't get in unless you get in their mechanic program that they have. It's tough to get in East. Melrose was good this year in 3A but got upset by Bolton who was a 4 seed the first game out of district play in regionals. White Station, Central, Ridgeway, Soutwhind and similar schools have all taken dives as basketball programs. Still lot of talent though and the 8th grade class is a monster!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, HonkyNinja12 said:

I’ll take:

DB. Coffee County plays hard but think they will just have a hard time slowing DB down will be a close one.

Beech. Although I’d say alot of ppl like Bartlett and Amarr Knox and he’s a great player I just wasn’t impressed much by Memphis East a very similar team like I thought I would be and it swayed my pick from a coin flip.  Knox and JR Jacobs are great players for Bartlett I just think Beech seems stronger, bigger and more physical compared to a mostly wirey, quick team in Bartlett. My favorite matchup in 4A. How the officials call the game either tight or let em play will be a big factor as well

Cane Ridge. Hoping Bearden actually gives them a tough game. Brandon Miller and the boys are just so athletic and skilled they almost play at a different level than anybody in the state. 

Lebanon. I think Jarred Hall 6’8” and Yarin Alexander 6’6” are as athletic and big as anybody ive seen this year I think they give clarksville fits with their size and ability to cover so much hardwood on defense. Clarksville has to be feeling great after big win over Memphis East but will need a huge game from JJ Wheat to win this one. 2nd favorite Matchup in 4A.

Atleast 2 of the 4 games will be very close. Gonna be a great day of basketball for the first round of 4A state tourney play in the Boro. Hope alot of ppl can make it out to watch some high level ball

Research Barlett's schedule and you'll see what they're all about.  It is by far the toughest schedule in Tn with games against national powerhouses.  East is not good comparison.  

On 3/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, SavageSpeaks said:

Dobyns-Bennett. -  Coffee Co. gets a fairly good draw in game one and will fight hard until the buzzer sounds. They simply won't have enough against DB, as they (DB) win by somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 points. 

Bartlett-  Beech has had a tremendous season and will give Bartlett a good run up and down the floor, and yes, this should be a track meet. Knox and company get it done in a high scoring thriller. Game total around 145 for this game.

Cane Ridge-  This may be the Ravens toughest test. Bearden is well coached and will have a scheme for Brandon Miller and the Ravens offense. They should take one out of Walker Valley's playbook last night and play a box and 1, sag the box, and force the other 4 to shoot threes. However, all that and more wouldn't stop Brandon Miller from leading his team to the semi-finals. NBA caliber three level scorer. 

Clarksville- This will be the most interesting game of the day in AAAA. I fear Lebanon falls into a 3 point shooting contest that results in an L for them. They (Lebanon) must be relentless attacking the rim and crash the offensive glass to advance to the semis. 

#SavageSpeaks

If Beech runs with Barlett, the game will be over before the second quarter starts.  Bartlett is not your typical Memphis team that plays unorganized.  This team beats you in all facets.  Research their schedule if you're not familiar with them.  

4 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Bartlett and East are not similar. Bartlett deeper and more talented and longer than East. East was young this year and not very deep only going about 6 sometimes 7 deep. Bartlett can go 10-12 deep and can throw, 6'8, 6'5, 6'6, 6'6 and 6'10 at you if Javar Daniels is good to go. The difference between them and East was depth and experience. Jacobs is pretty good at the pg for them, they have shooting with Regale Moore and Charvez Ambrose and defensively, they can pressure you and if you wanna get  into an up and down game, they can do that too. I like the Eli Rice kid from Beech but unless he goes crazy, like 30-40, I think Bartlett wins that game by double digits.

Facts. Many posters don't have a clue about Barlett. This team is the real deal coming out of Memphis.  

6 hours ago, SayWhat said:

I agree. I believe Bartlett is a longer, faster, more skilled version of Beech. Like i said in previous post, I think Beech will run up and down the floor with them which will make it a long day for boys from Hendersonville. 

3 hours ago, Icy said:

If Beech runs with Barlett, the game will be over before the second quarter starts.  Bartlett is not your typical Memphis team that plays unorganized.  This team beats you in all facets.  Research their schedule if you're not familiar with them.  

I’m rooting for Beech you have to understand there is a bias like you have one for Bartlett lol I’ve only seen Bartlett play one half but when I check their schedule and East takes them to 2OT and then loses by 9 in the next one I have to assume they are somewhat similar. No one is doubting Bartlett is a really good basketball team and is probably favored in this game for most ppl.

8 hours ago, SayWhat said:

You may be right I only watched them for a half and noticed they beat Memphis East by 1 in 2OT and 9 and figured they had to be somewhat similar basketball teams.  Watching and in picture Amarr Knox is 6’2 and thin I see a couple of guys that look taller like you said maybe a couple of 6’5’s which most teams at this level have but like I said all look quick and wirey. Should be a great game. I know Bartlett is the real deal based on the games they've won this year.

https://images.app.goo.gl/S74H2ZNqZ6aRP1mK9