AAAA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

East is pretty good my good, they just couldn't beat Bartlett because they just didn't have he depth and experience that Bartlett has. East 2 best guys are sophomores but they will be back next year for sure, that's if things go there way because Bartlett will be good again next year too.

As I look back on everyone's picks in the thread, I see only one person who picked Bearden over Cane Ridge. I'll let y'all guess who that was. Don't worry, I'll wait for your answer.... Lol

As for my Tribe, we played a heckuva second half. Gave Coffee County way too many backdoor layups. We will be hard pressed to beat Bartlett on Friday. Bartlett is real good. I still think Bearden walks away with the gold ball though. 

20 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

As I look back on everyone's picks in the thread, I see only one person who picked Bearden over Cane Ridge. I'll let y'all guess who that was. Don't worry, I'll wait for your answer.... Lol

As for my Tribe, we played a heckuva second half. Gave Coffee County way too many backdoor layups. We will be hard pressed to beat Bartlett on Friday. Bartlett is real good. I still think Bearden walks away with the gold ball though. 

DB has had about 5 games this year where they have played lights out basketball. So they have it in them. If they can play lights out and Bartlett is a tic off then DB can send them home. Me as a fan, I'm happy they made it to state and won the first game. Thats final four. So the pressure's off. Just go play ball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB has had about 5 games this year where they have played lights out basketball. So they have it in them. If they can play lights out and Bartlett is a tic off then DB can send them home. Me as a fan, I'm happy they made it to state and won the first game. Thats final four. So the pressure's off. Just go play ball. 

Poore in the past has resorted to running clock and slowing the game way down if he gets an early lead against a better team. Don’t be surprised if he does something similar if the opportunity is presented.

8 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Poore in the past has resorted to running clock and slowing the game way down if he gets an early lead against a better team. Don’t be surprised if he does something similar if the opportunity is presented.

That Bearden game in the substate several years ago comes to mind. Still makes me sick every time I think about us having the eventual champs that season down for 80% of the game only to lose at the end. Man Pember and Glover were outstanding ball players though. That was a heck of an atmosphere to be in. 

11 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

That Bearden game in the substate several years ago comes to mind. Still makes me sick every time I think about us having the eventual champs that season down for 80% of the game only to lose at the end. Man Pember and Glover were outstanding ball players though. That was a heck of an atmosphere to be in. 

That's the game that first came to mind too.  He will run his motion offense until there is an open look and something his High School coach Bill Duncan did at Greeneville when he played for him against teams that were more athletic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Most of the time all the slow down tactic gets you is a closer score but not a win. And if the opposing coach knows it's coming he can adjust and the slow down doesn't work as well. I think what wins it for DB is to shoot in the high 60% range, which they are capable of doing. But we're all just talking, nobody knows how the game will go until the clock starts. 

• Like 1