Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

4 hours ago, olhickory said:

I saw the lights on early this morning on my way in, and stopped off to see if practice was about to start.  I counted 78 players, and Coach G had those guys on the move from group to group. I saw a couple of new faces out there coaching, and one coach that I recognized, but thought he had gone somewhere else.  He is a Bigtime addition to the staff, but I haven't seen where he is official. I'll wait until I see something official , but if Coach Gillum got who I think he got, the Mavs added a fine staff member to the team.   OL /DL guys looked huge, and Skill players all over the field.  They had great energy while I was there.  Ill check back in on them as we go through the week , and give ya updates on what I see.  

Great to hear OlHickory! Keep the updates coming. I am getting fired up! 

Looks like the Mavericks will be playing in the 2nd Annual 5Star Prep Jamboree at Carson Newman.  I think the line up of teams includes Anderson County, Catholic, Elizabethton, Greeneville, Oak Ridge, and CAK.  I am hearing that the Mavs may get matched up with Oak Ridge. That would be good match up for the Mavericks. Two Anderson County teams will make for a great crowd at Carson Newman that night.   Saw where Gavin Noe , Bryson Vowell, Eli Davis, Walker Martinez, Braden Miller all attended camps this week from ETSU to Memphis and Kentucky to Indiana.  I think they will begin this week at Maryville Tuesday night for some 7v7, and then head over to UTK for some 7v7 on Thursday.  I saw where one of the Kickers earned his 4th star on Kohls Kicking Camp last week, ranked him #1 in the state of Tennessee for 2024 kickers.   I am hearing that the Mavericks have at least 3 kickers, and they can all kick it in the endzone.  I am hearing the Mavs have picked up a new coach, not sure what the hold up is for  an announcement.   I saw him at practice last week, but haven't seen anything official.  

4 hours ago, olhickory said:

Looks like the Mavericks will be playing in the 2nd Annual 5Star Prep Jamboree at Carson Newman.  I think the line up of teams includes Anderson County, Catholic, Elizabethton, Greeneville, Oak Ridge, and CAK.  I am hearing that the Mavs may get matched up with Oak Ridge. That would be good match up for the Mavericks. Two Anderson County teams will make for a great crowd at Carson Newman that night.   Saw where Gavin Noe , Bryson Vowell, Eli Davis, Walker Martinez, Braden Miller all attended camps this week from ETSU to Memphis and Kentucky to Indiana.  I think they will begin this week at Maryville Tuesday night for some 7v7, and then head over to UTK for some 7v7 on Thursday.  I saw where one of the Kickers earned his 4th star on Kohls Kicking Camp last week, ranked him #1 in the state of Tennessee for 2024 kickers.   I am hearing that the Mavericks have at least 3 kickers, and they can all kick it in the endzone.  I am hearing the Mavs have picked up a new coach, not sure what the hold up is for  an announcement.   I saw him at practice last week, but haven't seen anything official.  

Amazing ! OlHickory 

And there it is.   5Star Preps reporting that Coach Tony Lambert is back at Anderson County.  I knew I saw him at practice.  He hasn't changed a bit.  5Star says that he will be calling the defense. We have had an amazing defense the last 5 years, and I know Coach Lambert will keep that going.  The Mavs have given up a few more points last season, but when Martinez  got injured , it made the defense have to play more snaps.  Coach Lambert was with the Mavericks in the late 90s and early 2000s.  He is near and dear to the folks in the Anderson County Community.   I hear that Coach Chadwell will make the move to the offensive side of the ball this season where he was when he came in 2013.  The Mavs went to the triple when he called the offense , a lot like what Coastal Carolina does.   This Mav fan is excited for this season to get here. I know they have a lot of work to do, but this team is very talented, and they have the staff to make a deep run.  

22 hours ago, olhickory said:

And there it is.   5Star Preps reporting that Coach Tony Lambert is back at Anderson County.  I knew I saw him at practice.  He hasn't changed a bit.  5Star says that he will be calling the defense. We have had an amazing defense the last 5 years, and I know Coach Lambert will keep that going.  The Mavs have given up a few more points last season, but when Martinez  got injured , it made the defense have to play more snaps.  Coach Lambert was with the Mavericks in the late 90s and early 2000s.  He is near and dear to the folks in the Anderson County Community.   I hear that Coach Chadwell will make the move to the offensive side of the ball this season where he was when he came in 2013.  The Mavs went to the triple when he called the offense , a lot like what Coastal Carolina does.   This Mav fan is excited for this season to get here. I know they have a lot of work to do, but this team is very talented, and they have the staff to make a deep run.  

This is exciting to hear. Incredibly good to hear the Mavs are getting serious about a state championship! Even though we had chances before but injuries may have prevented that. And in all fairness we have had some good defenses as you said. And I myself love the QB rush we have had with our Defensive line and linebackers in the past however we never had the knock out punch and particularly when it came to Greeneville's run. Had we got by Greeneville a few times, caddy bar the door to state. Now we have the likes of both Greeneville and Betsy. So this is really exciting news and OlHickory you are doing your homework. A++ work. Keep the updates coming!!!!

Went to the 7 on 7 last night at Maryville and was very impressed with Anderson County. They came to play and we sort of looked like we didn't want to even be there. The kid you all have at the running back position could really juke and will be hard to bring down once in open field it seems. The receivers really looked good also and really made us look like crap. Your defense intercepted us 5 times and would have been 6 had the kid not dropped the ball he had in his hands for almost 2 seconds. Like I said they wanted to be there and came with a mission and I'm sure if any of you went you saw the same exact thing I did.

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Went to the 7 on 7 last night at Maryville and was very impressed with Anderson County. They came to play and we sort of looked like we didn't want to even be there. The kid you all have at the running back position could really juke and will be hard to bring down once in open field it seems. The receivers really looked good also and really made us look like crap. Your defense intercepted us 5 times and would have been 6 had the kid not dropped the ball he had in his hands for almost 2 seconds. Like I said they wanted to be there and came with a mission and I'm sure if any of you went you saw the same exact thing I did.

Good to here Whoop Whoop whoopie! Thanks for sharing. Hope OlHickory was there and get some more updates!!

Barney always calls it like he sees it.   I was there, saw some great catches from both teams, on both sides of the ball.  I agree that AC looked polished in what they did.  I was excited to see our kids compete, and noticed Maryville had about 60 skill players.  Maryville has a speedy Rec that was impressive, someone in the stands said he may have been from Florida.  Maryville qbs did a really good job on play action fakes, and threw the ball well.  It was encouraging to see our guys out there flying around and breaking on routes.  It got the Maverick fans a little more excited for what they have in store for the fall.  

• Upvote 2

Anderson County Code Blue 7v7 went to UT today and won the Gatorade 7v7 like you said.   Coach Heupel was there to watch the whole day.  As I understand it, he was very excited to see Anderson County beat a team from Maryland for the Championship and win the tourney in the indoor.  Walker Martinez, Noe, Vowell and company put on a show and had Coach Heupel even line up for the team picture.  The tourney had local teams like Powell, Catholic, Farragut and Bearden in it as well as some out of state teams.  This team likes to compete, and they seem to be playing well.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, olhickory said:

Anderson County Code Blue 7v7 went to UT today and won the Gatorade 7v7 like you said.   Coach Heupel was there to watch the whole day.  As I understand it, he was very excited to see Anderson County beat a team from Maryland for the Championship and win the tourney in the indoor.  Walker Martinez, Noe, Vowell and company put on a show and had Coach Heupel even line up for the team picture.  The tourney had local teams like Powell, Catholic, Farragut and Bearden in it as well as some out of state teams.  This team likes to compete, and they seem to be playing well.  

Wow can't take much more of this...This sounds Great!