Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

17 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Sounds like good stuff is going on at AC. Hopefully you guys can take this preseason stuff and continue it through the real season. Always like to play AC when they are at their best. Win or lose I always like watching a good game. 

OlHickory has some good news and updates. He is has me excited.

Yeah Sounds like they are getting prepared. With there schedule it's definitely one game at a time. And diversity each high quality team like Betsy brings, it will be a tough season. Many if not most teams the Mavs play are playing a variety of offenses for our new Defensive coach. I think the Mavs are where they should be at this point.

Good luck to Elizabethton!

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Who is AC's biggest rival and why?     I guess there could be two answers, 1) regular season and 2) playoffs

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Who is AC's biggest rival and why?     I guess there could be two answers, 1) regular season and 2) playoffs

Blazer, Just my two cents; If they have a biggest rivalry it would be Campbell County. As far as schedule that has changed I would say for the students it is Clinton. Then of course AC has a big rilvary and unfinished business with Greeneville. But Powell probably will stand out as there biggest rilvary since schedule changes. IMO I am sure others would be able to give a closer look.

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Blazer, Just my two cents; If they have a biggest rivalry it would be Campbell County. As far as schedule that has changed I would say for the students it is Clinton. Then of course AC has a big rilvary and unfinished business with Greeneville. But Powell probably will stand out as there biggest rilvary since schedule changes. IMO I am sure others would be able to give a closer look.

I think it has to be Powell, as they are on the schedule and have been.  Powell has gotten the best of the Mavs recently, but it has to have been some of the Best football games played in recent history.  Even before the past 4 years, it was played on a yearly basis from 2009-2014 I think, and even before that it was played late 90's and early 2000s.  Clinton hasn't been competitive for almost 23 years with AC, and currently decided to put the game on hold while they rebuild their team.  Campbell Co played AC for 6 years 2009-2014 and went 0-6, and decided not to play again, so they can't really be a rivalry either.  No offense to the cougars or dragons, but that is the story that is there.  I wish they could all play again, but with school enrollments, AC is the smaller school by a few hundred, and never seems to get put in the districts with the other schools.   I think they were 2-300 less than Campbell Co, and 100- 200  less than Clinton.  As I understand , the Mavs enrollment is less now than it was 2 years ago, and they may be in AAAA again.   Either way, I expect the Mavericks to play Powell for along time as the gates are good as they get, and the competition is incredible for the fans.  Last year, the game was almost 3.5 hours and had 108 points scored.  Both teams basically return, and I expect it to be a shootout for sure.  The year before Powell got the win on the last play of the game, on an incredible scramble and throw.  Fans should get their tickets early for this game for sure.  Might bring a chair, as I don't think there will be a seat to be had. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, olhickory said:

I think it has to be Powell, as they are on the schedule and have been.  Powell has gotten the best of the Mavs recently, but it has to have been some of the Best football games played in recent history.  Even before the past 4 years, it was played on a yearly basis from 2009-2014 I think, and even before that it was played late 90's and early 2000s.  Clinton hasn't been competitive for almost 23 years with AC, and currently decided to put the game on hold while they rebuild their team.  Campbell Co played AC for 6 years 2009-2014 and went 0-6, and decided not to play again, so they can't really be a rivalry either.  No offense to the cougars or dragons, but that is the story that is there.  I wish they could all play again, but with school enrollments, AC is the smaller school by a few hundred, and never seems to get put in the districts with the other schools.   I think they were 2-300 less than Campbell Co, and 100- 200  less than Clinton.  As I understand , the Mavs enrollment is less now than it was 2 years ago, and they may be in AAAA again.   Either way, I expect the Mavericks to play Powell for along time as the gates are good as they get, and the competition is incredible for the fans.  Last year, the game was almost 3.5 hours and had 108 points scored.  Both teams basically return, and I expect it to be a shootout for sure.  The year before Powell got the win on the last play of the game, on an incredible scramble and throw.  Fans should get their tickets early for this game for sure.  Might bring a chair, as I don't think there will be a seat to be had. 

Wow! Well Said! Dropped the mic. Could not have been better stated!

Edited by Mavericksinflight
Correction

Mavs in Flight, hope you are enjoying the weather. Things are definitely hot in East Tn.  The weather is brutal, but Coach G and company have the guys coming in early in the morning. I come by a little after 6 am and the lights are on.  2023 Gavin Noe picks up another FBS offer from the world's greatest NAVY.  He is getting some big attention.  2023 QB Walker Martinez traveled to Ole Miss this week for camp, and walked away with an invited walk on offer to Lane Kiffen's team.  2024 Nick Moog, Eli Nelson, and Matt Clayton are all getting attention at camps this summer, as well as 2025 legacy player LaRue, who ran an amazing time 4.5 at UT camp, and 4.6 at EKU camp.  2025 Cody Miller, Trent Strickland and Riley Wolfenbarger all have been doing the camp circuits all summer.  Kickers Radclif, Nelson, and Valero have been on the kicking camp tour as well.   The Maverick AD has been busy on twitter reporting all the camp information on these guys.  He says the Mavs have 6 regular season home games this year, so that is helpful as well.  No place like Maverick Stadium to get some home field excitement.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:46 PM, olhickory said:

Powell vs AC has been phenomenal games. To clarify the enrollment, AC is the largest 4a school. Only 11 less kids than Clinton, and 194 less than CC. Rumors were flying about moving from 6 to 4 or 5 classes but I think that was clarified at the last TSSAA meeting about 2 weeks ago to not be true. I’d say as long as both football programs are still rolling, the Powell vs AC game will be one of the games to circle for years to come. 

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

Mavs in Flight, hope you are enjoying the weather. Things are definitely hot in East Tn.  The weather is brutal, but Coach G and company have the guys coming in early in the morning. I come by a little after 6 am and the lights are on.  2023 Gavin Noe picks up another FBS offer from the world's greatest NAVY.  He is getting some big attention.  2023 QB Walker Martinez traveled to Ole Miss this week for camp, and walked away with an invited walk on offer to Lane Kiffen's team.  2024 Nick Moog, Eli Nelson, and Matt Clayton are all getting attention at camps this summer, as well as 2025 legacy player LaRue, who ran an amazing time 4.5 at UT camp, and 4.6 at EKU camp.  2025 Cody Miller, Trent Strickland and Riley Wolfenbarger all have been doing the camp circuits all summer.  Kickers Radclif, Nelson, and Valero have been on the kicking camp tour as well.   The Maverick AD has been busy on twitter reporting all the camp information on these guys.  He says the Mavs have 6 regular season home games this year, so that is helpful as well.  No place like Maverick Stadium to get some home field excitement.  

OlHickory, Wow! Sounds like this year is going to be more exciting than ever; everything it takes to have a fan like me fly in every Friday night. I would too problem is I hate flying!! Lol But I will watch every game live, one way or the other. Those stadiums will be packed! 6 homes games and each game sounds like it's going to be Great! And Thanks A bunch for the updates! Coach G knows what kind of crazy fan I am! It's literally in the blood! Lol....Thanks Again!

23 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Just in WBIR Media Gavin Noe has committed to Navy! Yessss, boy they got a Beast!

Congratulations Gavin!

Yes, Gavin visited Navy and committed on the spot is what I heard.  What a great honor for him and his family.  The Noe family are Maverick all the way.  His dad played in mid late 80s and was a walk on at Tennessee, his older brother was an in credible offensive and defensive lineman for the Mavs just few short years ago, and now plays at Davidson in North Carolina.  I know all of Maverickland is proud of Gavin, and we are all looking forward to seeing him and this team in just a few weeks.  August 21 can't get here soon enough.  GO MAVS

• Upvote 2