Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

On 8/26/2022 at 10:32 PM, blazer1set said:

We all know that school enrollment is not necessarily indicative of the product placed on the field, but AC just beat the stuffing out of the 4th largest high school in the state.    You still have Greeneville and Elizabethton in 4A but from what I have seen thus far I'm putting AC at the top of the heap in the 4A east.

Give us the respect and just say top 5 team in the state in all of football. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Moogitonover said:

Top 5 in the state across all classifications?    No way.    But who cares about that, just take the #1 spot in 4A and run with it, in the end (i.e., playoffs) that is all that matters anyway.    No reason the Mavs cannot go 10-0 this year, then comes the big showdown with Greeneville in round 2.      BTW, if you come to the AC/Greeneville game in November maybe we can say hello.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Top 5 in the state across all classifications?    No way.    But who cares about that, just take the #1 spot in 4A and run with it, in the end (i.e., playoffs) that is all that matters anyway.    No reason the Mavs cannot go 10-0 this year, then comes the big showdown with Greeneville in round 2.      BTW, if you come to the AC/Greeneville game in November maybe we can say hello.

Blazer come on I know depth could play in a top 5 rating but we did beat 6A depth Talent hard to find any better. Yep I would go at least top 5

Edited by Mavericksinflight

52 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Blazer come on I know depth could play in a top 5 rating but we did beat 6A depth Talent hard to find any better. Yep I would goat least top 5

DG knows we're top 5 in the state. Name another public school besides Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, or West that can beat us the little old 4A team. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Moogitonover said:

DG knows we're top 5 in the state. Name another public school besides Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland, or West that can beat us the little old 4A team. 

This is an IFL discussion that can never be decided on the field, it's only an opinion.   I am actually pulling for the Mavs this year though, hope to see you guys in person at some point, which probably will not be until you meet Greeneville in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Moogitonover said:

I know I’m talking crazee, but maybe that little ole’ 4A team called Greeneville, or maybe not. They don’t have your tradition in the big games, so yeah probably you all.

Edited by noonesfool

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

This is an IFL discussion that can never be decided on the field, it's only an opinion.   I am actually pulling for the Mavs this year though, hope to see you guys in person at some point, which probably will not be until you meet Greeneville in the playoffs.

Fair enough Blazer and I understand. Like many they may need a few more games from the Mavs to realize. I think if everything goes and since we have started off almost perfect, if we can perfect any kinks then we could and I only say could be a Power house top 3. But time will tell and hope to see that as our goal. You have to have goals!

I already have a few nick names for some players thus far. As we all know...... Noe is the Beast. But Moog is a Monster. Vowell is what everyone should know, is Spiderman. And Martinez is the Top Gun! With so much Talent it's hard to find names for the Millers still working on it. But of course Mr. LaRue is Roadrunner Beep Beep (Cartoon).

7 hours ago, Moogitonover said:

Give you Respect?  Really?  Respect is earned not given.  Until you actually make noise in the play-offs and make it to the Semi's then you all are just yapping dogs like every other year.

Top 5 in all of Tennessee is laughable.  You have beat a 5a team that lost their QB and RB in the 1st quarter and beat a 6a team in Science Hill who lost most of their starters off of last years team.  Teams better than AC in TN.  Lipscomb Academy, Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, West, MBA, Brentwood Academy, CPA, etc.  Are they a top 10-20 team no matter classification probably so at this point in the season but don't be getting delusional 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Give you Respect?  Really?  Respect is earned not given.  Until you actually make noise in the play-offs and make it to the Semi's then you all are just yapping dogs like every other year.

Top 5 in all of Tennessee is laughable.  You have beat a 5a team that lost their QB and RB in the 1st quarter and beat a 6a team in Science Hill who lost most of their starters off of last years team.  Teams better than AC in TN.  Lipscomb Academy, Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, West, MBA, Brentwood Academy, CPA, etc.  Are they a top 10-20 team no matter classification probably so at this point in the season but don't be getting delusional 

Ok that should fire the Mavs up for Greeneville....if nothing else.

In case some don't know Swipes is a big Greeneville fan and statistician. But give it time the Mavs will be in top 5 a little early now, and they will have deserved it. Rhea county come to town and I hope we are ready. That should give the Mavs finally some much deserved notoriety.