class a

bballfan12121

On 3/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG will be competitive in conference and region. If they finish 2nd it’s almost guaranteed substate birth based on how bad the other region is. UH and Hampton are the other two contenders 

To be frank, I believe UH is looking head and shoulders better than NG right now. They've already got wins over East and Volunteer. In fact, I'd hazard to say UH might be the best 1A team east of District 8.

Don't get me wrong, NG is solid, but they look very pedestrian compared to last year. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Hampton doesn't split with them in the regular season. They didn't lose much off of the team that was a couple pitches away from eliminating UH in Districts last year. 

Edited by crazzyness

4 hours ago, crazzyness said:

To be frank, I believe UH is looking head and shoulders better than NG right now. They've already got wins over East and Volunteer. In fact, I'd hazard to say UH might be the best 1A team east of District 8.

Don't get me wrong, NG is solid, but they look very pedestrian compared to last year. I wouldn't be completely surprised if Hampton doesn't split with them in the regular season. They didn't lose much off of the team that was a couple pitches away from eliminating UH in Districts last year. 

UH is the favorite for sure. I meant to put that in my response. I could also see Hampton beating NG at least once. I think Coalfield is going to be one of the better teams in the east also. 

On 3/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, RodgerDodger32 said:

UH is the favorite for sure. I meant to put that in my response. I could also see Hampton beating NG at least once. I think Coalfield is going to be one of the better teams in the east also. 

Right now, Greenback and Coalfield will be the Region 2 schools advancing to the Sectionals.  

I know things can change and injuries occur, but there is a clear gap between these 2 and the rest of Region 2 a quarter through the season. 

2 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

Right now, Greenback and Coalfield will be the Region 2 schools advancing to the Sectionals.  

I know things can change and injuries occur, but there is a clear gap between these 2 and the rest of Region 2 a quarter through the season. 

Exactly the two I had picked…wonder what has happened to Rockwood ? 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Exactly the two I had picked…wonder what has happened to Rockwood ? 

Great question. 

Rockwood was historically not very good at baseball before dropping to single A in 98. Then they went to 7 state tournaments in 11 years and IMO had the best public single A team in the state twice.

In 09, they hired a guy from Florida and he was there for 11 years. It was a step-down success wise from the previous 2 coaches, but he did have some solid teams and made the state once.

He was relieved of his duties for some reason after the 2019 season.  Lane came back from Roane State and acted as a stop gap coach for 2 years & now they have a new first year HC this year. 

I’m not sure if they will ever recapture what they had from 1999-08. Same for Harriman. They had their best 10 years at the same time as Rockwood and they seem to have fallen off as well.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:07 AM, crazzyness said:

On 3/25/2022 at 3:07 AM, crazzyness said:

Correct me if I am wrong but Hampton lost to UH during the regular a season by a combined 21-3 last season. That DT game seems like an outlier to me. With that being said, it’s hard to say what Hampton and NG have, as they haven’t faced much competition so far this season. I still believe which ever team finishes second in the DT will have a great shot at playing in a sectional game.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:00 AM, MSUBac2001 said:

Yes my Greenback boys are looking the part again.Took a beating from a very good West team but I expect them to be a very solid 1A squad by seasons end.