class a

bballfan12121

12 hours ago, EastTNfan17 said:

University School and either Hampton or NG should both be playing in a sectional game. District 2 is not very good. My guess is UH will host either coalfield or Greenback in sectionals.

I would put my money on North Greene and UH out of Region 1. Hampton has a shot but who have they played? According to my research, they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record (North Greene who returned the favor). Their record looks good but who have they played?.. that’s why I would take North Greene. 

Last year their was a lot of talk about Summertown and Lake co winning it all because they had good records but played nobody. ER shut out both of them and dominated the whole tournament. This year I feel like it will be the same except eagleville seems to be legit. Hope both of them end up on opposite sides and play each other for it all.

5 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Last year their was a lot of talk about Summertown and Lake co winning it all because they had good records but played nobody. ER shut out both of them and dominated the whole tournament. This year I feel like it will be the same except eagleville seems to be legit. Hope both of them end up on opposite sides and play each other for it all.

ER has a couple pretty poor losses don’t they?

8 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

How is eaglevilles competition? I dont know much about the teams they have played. 

2 hours ago, EastTNfan17 said:

ER has a couple pretty poor losses don’t they?

They had a bad loss vs sycamore. The trousdale co loss is a little deceiving since TC pitches their ace in game 3 while ER pitches their #3 or #4 guy. If ER hits the ball they are a REALLY good team. The thing is they don’t hit the ball well.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, EastTNfan17 said:

University School and either Hampton or NG should both be playing in a sectional game. District 2 is not very good. My guess is UH will host either coalfield or Greenback in sectionals.

I can definitely see Coalfield winning their region, but I’m not sure about who will be the other team out of that side. A lot of teams are evenly matched with Greenback. Oliver Springs and Oakdale both have a chance to make it out of that region as well. It all comes down to who has the most pitching.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, TheBaseballGuy1985 said:

I would put my money on North Greene and UH out of Region 1. Hampton has a shot but who have they played? According to my research, they have only beaten 1 team with a winning record (North Greene who returned the favor). Their record looks good but who have they played?.. that’s why I would take North Greene. 

I've seen NG and Hampton quite a bit this season. I've been less impressed with NG. That's not to say they won't make substate, though. They have the better #1, and I think they field the ball a smidge better. But Hampton has the better bats, and better depth in the rotation. In a double elimination format, I think I'd give Hampton the advantage, IMO.

Edited by crazzyness

On 5/6/2022 at 10:44 PM, crazzyness said:

I've seen NG and Hampton quite a bit this season. I've been less impressed with NG. That's not to say they won't make substate, though. They have the better #1, and I think they field the ball a smidge better. But Hampton has the better bats, and better depth in the rotation. In a double elimination format, I think I'd give Hampton the advantage, IMO.

D1 update UH beats Unaka 19-0 in the first round. NG and Hampton due up.

46 minutes ago, EastTNfan17 said:

D1 update UH beats Unaka 19-0 in the first round. NG and Hampton due up.

Coalfield blasted Wartburg 24-0 and Oliver Springs beat Oneida 11-9. Wartburg threw their 4 guy and a JV pitcher tonight to try and get to the championship game Wednesday but they have to play a lot better in the field than they did today to have a shot. Fielding was rough in the second game with OS and Oneida but both teams hit it pretty well.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Chiefbigfoot said:

is state really being played at eagleville? a lot of people complained about east playing regions at home i can’t imagine what it’ll be like for hosting state games

8 hours ago, bballfan12121 said:

is state really being played at eagleville? a lot of people complained about east playing regions at home i can’t imagine what it’ll be like for hosting state games

I think Eagleville hosts some state tournament games but not for A unless that’s changed this year. In the past, A schools play at Riverdale and another site, but I’m pretty sure it’s not at Eagleville.