class a

bballfan12121

4 minutes ago, bd4vols said:

Stewarts Creek is in the tourney and aren't playing at their own field.  I'll go on record as saying this should never happen at the state tournament.  At least the championship is played elsewhere.

When do they pick the venues?  They've been playing at these same HS fields for some years now correct?  

3 hours ago, BelmontRebel said:

When do they pick the venues?  They've been playing at these same HS fields for some years now correct?  

You proved my point.  They pick these venues far in advance.  Knowing that Eagleville was a Class A team, that venue should have hosted a different classification.  Period.

The TSSAA is great at making poor decisions.  Just like right now, you have the Gordonsville/Univ School JC game suspended, when last night you called the Riverside/Forrest game official, even after the field was deemed ready to play, with Forrest up 1-0.   

46 minutes ago, bd4vols said:

You proved my point.  They pick these venues far in advance.  Knowing that Eagleville was a Class A team, that venue should have hosted a different classification.  Period.

The TSSAA is great at making poor decisions.  Just like right now, you have the Gordonsville/Univ School JC game suspended, when last night you called the Riverside/Forrest game official, even after the field was deemed ready to play, with Forrest up 1-0.   

So what is the plan on Gordonsville game? Any update 

1 hour ago, bd4vols said:

Why are we even hosting state tournament games at a 1A facility anyway?? Rutherford County has like what? 7 or 8 AAAA schools? Plus MTSU. Plus MTCS.

Edited by crazzyness

18 hours ago, crazzyness said:

I'd put money that Eagleville only has to play 15 innings to get to the championship game. 

We may not have won but they did have to go all 7 innings. And we pitched two eighth graders.  And the sounds that were played when our kids struck out they sure didn’t play it when our with graders struck two of their players out. Lots of class.

10 minutes ago, coalfield4 said:

We may not have won but they did have to go all 7 innings. And we pitched two eighth graders.  And the sounds that were played when our kids struck out they sure didn’t play it when our with graders struck two of their players out. Lots of class.

Bad enough that a team gets to host their own state tournament but they shouldn't have walk up music & strikeout sound effects unless they do it for all the teams..Should be ran as a neutral site.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

The pitching chess match is going to be fun to watch the rest of the week.  I would say if one field in a class is postponed, then all fields in that class should be postponed. Especially in baseball.

There's a super legitimate chance either Peabody or McKenzie will have to play 4 games, back to back to back to back in a 10 hour time frame. How absolutely STUPID are the people running this show?  I thought "pLaYeR sAfTeY" was a point of emphasis??

Edited by crazzyness
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

There's a super legitimate chance either Peabody or McKenzie will have to play 4 games, back to back to back to back in a 10 hour time frame. How absolutely STUPID are the people running this show?  I thought "pLaYeR sAfTEy" was a point of emphasis??

Exactly!  Makes zero sense! Rain os expected again tomorrow. Would not surprise me that this becomes a single elimination with only undefeated teams continuing.