class a

bballfan12121

9 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

That loss to Peabody made McKenzie mad. That second game went fast lol 10 to 1 was the score. Time for the rematch now!

Our pitching depth has improved, I know this year isn’t over but we return all starters next year ! 
                          Roll Tide Roll

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Congratulations to Eagleville. They were IMO clearly the best team in 1A. That said, the TSSAA did a great job if making it APPEAR like they were bending over backwards to give them every advantage possible.

Today they were. I like to have seen what they would have done against McKenzie’s 1, 1A, or 2 but we couldn’t because the McKenzie side of the bracket had to delay for 3 days which caused a pitching nightmare.  Instead, a true Freshman, senior who never pitches, or a sophomore who only really throws in blowouts gave all they could.  Congrats to Eagleville. It is special so cherish it. 

On 5/24/2022 at 8:23 AM, MSUBac2001 said:

Not really directed at you, but is there any justification from the TSSAA for not moving Eaglesville’s games to Rockvale?  It seems crazy to force 3 teams to beat someone on their home field during the “neutral site” state championships, when you already have another site available. They could have just flipped the brackets to avoid complete home field advantage. 

Yeah,  this looks to have been easily avoided.  Then again, it seems that if nothing is in the books, regarding a situation like this, then the TSSAA just allows it to unfold.

Isn't this the 1st year for the expanded classification of  baseball? Going from 3 to 4 public classes?

Because of this there are more fields required to hold the tournament.  But I don't think Murfreesboro is lacking in this aspect.

Anyways, someone should bring it forward to the Association & let's see if any action is taken for future state tournaments. 

Congrats to Eagleville on a very fine season. 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:30 PM, Southtowner said:

Yeah,  this looks to have been easily avoided.  Then again, it seems that if nothing is in the books, regarding a situation like this, then the TSSAA just allows it to unfold.

Isn't this the 1st year for the expanded classification of  baseball? Going from 3 to 4 public classes?

Because of this there are more fields required to hold the tournament.  But I don't think Murfreesboro is lacking in this aspect.

Anyways, someone should bring it forward to the Association & let's see if any action is taken for future state tournaments. 

Congrats to Eagleville on a very fine season. 

If Rutherford County doesn't have the ability to hold one more classification, then they should lose their bid to hold it. It's absolutely outrageous that the 1A state tournament be held at an above average-nice 1A facility and the 2nd worst (and worst draining) baseball field in all of the Rutherford County. 

Heck, the first 2 years we had to go to Memphis, we played our 1A games at AutoZone Park, Christian Brothers University, and the University of Memphis. 

Edited by crazzyness