DCA repeat?

CatsBy90

Can the Wildcats repeat next year? I know we lose a few key pieces but everyone else does also. 

I think Coach Wade is the best coach in the state and that alone gives us a huge advantage. Who are the other teams to know as we are approaching spring ball? 

Looking forward to football season!

On 3/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I think DCA repeats fairly easily. This class is down with A, AA, and AAA now. I wish DCA would continue to schedule old rivals like Goodpasture, FRA, DA, and CPA. 

As an alumn, I hate seeing them play only against small schools. 

Scheduling CPA would be ridiculous. Historically Goodpasture is not an old rival even though geographically close. Seeing DA/FRA on the schedule would provide a little more interest,  maybe?  

Who knows about a repeat? With the number of kids on all these D2A teams an injury or two could change the whole season. DCA has to replace a big senior class with guys who haven’t played a whole bunch so it will be interesting to see what happens? 

13 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I'm not saying CPA wouldn't destroy them, i'm just saying historically that is a DCA region foe. It sucks playing the little bitties every single week. DII should still only have two classes.  And I say that as a DCA alumn who saw them win a gold ball last year.. 

CPA was a region foe when they first started as a school then dedicated resources to becoming one of the best schools in the state. DCA is now 50 years old and CPA was in DCAs region a very brief time overall. Ezell, FRA, and NCS are the old district 7A foes that most old timers consider their rivals and nobody is a bigger rival in football than FRA from a historical perspective. 

Having three D2 divisions is correct and it should be that way across all sports in my opinion. Constantly playing schools double their size isn’t the best scenario. This isn’t the 1990’s anymore where all the alphabet schools are essentially the same size. It’s like having DCA play BA and MBA back then when comparing enrollment. If they want to schedule large public schools like they did with WHH last year so be it but playing in that class is just right, again, in my opinion.

With the new campus, and state of the art facilities, it will be interesting to see the growth of DCA. Once an indoor facility is completed that will be a big help to all the teams. 

Edited by Playerscoach

Pre-2009 CPA was still a region foe and often the game decided the region title. I remember being a small kid in the elementary school going to the Lion's Den or hosting that game at Joe Patterson Field and loving every second of it.

I get your point about playing bigger schools and I hope the new facilities and $ being invested in the school pays huge dividends to all areas of the school, including athletics.