4 Classifications Here to Stay

Redrage4life

On 3/11/2022 at 7:06 PM, Americal198 said:

What you 2 guys should do, and I'm very serious, is bring this to the attention of your state Representatives and state Senators.

The reason I mention this is you are knowledgeable and you live a whole lot closer to the Legislative Plaza (at least Jay does) than most people.

Chances are if you go via TSSAA, it won't do much good. Instead, if someone who represents your district(s) is made aware of something that needs to be improved, they might act on it. 

Don't send your concerns by email or phone calls, send hard copy letters. These are more likely to receive responses. 

I'll be glad to help, if there is a way to contact me back channel. If you are interested, I will gladly contact my state Senator in order to find out which committee is responsible for funding and see if he can help.

I reside in Georgia, although I follow Tenn. high school sports. On 2 different occasions down here schools have turned to the General Assembly about unpopular GHSA decisions. Both times the GHSA changed course. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:46 PM, ReitzFan said:

A small D2A football school would have zero chance to compete against an decent D2AA team. In D2, 3 classes definitely needed. To say we only need 2 classes for football is like saying D1 only needs 3 for football or 2 for basketball.

Well heck fire, using that logic, we should have like 300 classes right? Cause there's no way Clinch can compete with Hampton in basketball. Give everyone a state championship!!

23 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Nope, never insinuated any such thing. The way it is is about right. 

You know, maybe I did come off alittle strong about that.

But, you following up an opinion that there should only be 2 Classifications in DII for 49 schools in football with a rebuttal of there should only be two classifications in DI for 322 schools in basketball is just absolutely preposterous.

38 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

You know, maybe I did come off alittle strong about that.

But, you following up an opinion that there should only be 2 Classifications in DII for 49 schools in football with a rebuttal of there should only be two classifications in DI for 322 schools in basketball is just absolutely preposterous.

Reducing either is preposterous.  By the way, I come from a state, Indiana, that had only one class in basketball and only 3 classes in football when I graduated way too many years ago. It worked pretty well and our publics and privates competed for the same titles, and still do, without Division splits or multipliers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Reducing either is preposterous.  By the way, I come from a state, Indiana, that had only one class in basketball and only 3 classes in football when I graduated way too many years ago. It worked pretty well and our publics and privates competed for the same titles, and still do, without Division splits or multipliers. 

Kentucky is the same way, except they do 6 classes for football.  One for everything else.