Knox Central OC Nathan Simbeck to Boyd Buchanan

Hartleyrick

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

After doing some research I found out Mr. Simbeck was voted Region Offensive Coordinator of The Year two years in a row in 6A (McMinn County) and now in his 2nd year at Central he's honored as Region 2-5A Offensive Coach of The Year .  Hmmm... maybe this Rankin guy ain't so dumb after all. :grin: 

I don't know much about him, but I trust Rankin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

Saw on twitter that Central hired a coach from Hoover Alabama to be run game coordinator and Tyler Drummer to be pass game coordinator. Wonder how that will work, who will call the plays on Friday 

Thought all along that Drummer would be "promoted".  Je was in p.ay for another OC position earlier in the hiring season. 

And an edit:

Great move by Central bringing in Roberts.  He brings a lot of experience and maturity that the CHS staff needs, IMO.  Good on AD JD Lambert and Coach Craney for getting him to Central.  

Edited by HTV

On 3/24/2022 at 8:12 AM, HTV said:

...if anybody doesn't understand that Rankin is the head coach and that whoever the OC is will have to fit Gary's offensive philosophy and not the other way around hasn't seen a Gary Rankin coached team in a while.  

That's not just a Rankin thing, it's an any coach worth his salt thing. Different situation when a coach hires an OC or DC because his expertise is the other side of the ball and he trusts them until the results are in. Even then, if it's not working to HC's satisfaction, somebody ought to be packing their bags and probably not going to be the chief.