2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

Did Cascade show any of their secret plays at the 7vs7's? I was missing Marion Madness' posts but cascade homer may be just as optimistic.

Cascade won't win state with their returning talent but if Shelbyville Central turns into a dumpster fire this summer after their coach leaves and Cascade picks up some transfers all bets are off for the Region or Quad championship. 

19 hours ago, Salem said:

Did Cascade show any of their secret plays at the 7vs7's? I was missing Marion Madness' posts but cascade homer may be just as optimistic.

Cascade won't win state with their returning talent but if Shelbyville Central turns into a dumpster fire this summer after their coach leaves and Cascade picks up some transfers all bets are off for the Region or Quad championship. 

They did not need to… More 7v7 today, a big clash with Forrest  coming up soon, catch me outside, I’ll be the guy with the huge…… Personality.

23 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Forest made a big mistake showing up here today, if we had anybody on our roster scared of the Forrest Mystic, that is out the window, they cannot throw or catch

No Forrest mystique,  just players who have gotten their tails kicked 95% of the time they have faced the F on the field from age 5 until the alumni game. A 7on7 game won't fix so many bad memories. 

18 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Mount Pleasant looked like an NFL team versus forrest… Any Mount Pleasant fans witness the destruction?  

Mt Pleasant had an outstanding showing at last year's Shelbyville 7v7. Forrest was awful. Forrest had 400 yards rushing and dominated the actual football game a few months later. Putting too much stock in a 7v7 game is an interesting way to say you don't know much about football. 

First off, it is going to be fun reading Salem/General and CascadeHomer going at it this year.

I got a chance to watch the 7 on 7 at Shelbyville Central yesterday. Cascade and Forrest both looked like they have spent a good deal of time in the weight room and got after each other pretty good in their match-up. Neither one of these teams are going to ever do well in these passing leagues because of the offenses they run.  From a physical standpoint they both stood out to me and would probably beat most teams there in the running department because if their ol/dl are as big as their skill players they will be able to run the ball very well. Mt. Pleasant had the best looking group of pure athletes there but the jury is still out on them when you strap the pads on and play physical smash mouth football. I think those were the only Region 5 teams there. 

*Also, these passing leagues mean nothing Community one of the bottom 10 teams in the state went something like 5-1 yesterday and couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie during the season. 

My picks for the region this year are this:

1. Forrest: they are the reigning champions and will stay on top until someone can knock them off. Return a majority of their team from last year and play hard.

2. Cascade: Can they ever get over the hump and play 4 quarters with Forrest. They had a good looking group of kids there yesterday but what do they look like up front?

3. Mt. Pleasant: Always have the best looking kids in the region but can they ever play a full game of football.

4. Summertown: The Rick Rice factor will help them out but they lost a ton last year and it will take him a year or two to get them playing his style of football.

5. Richland: Lost some key players and are not consistent enough to compete for an entire year.

6. Loretto: they play really good winter and spring sports but football is not something they value and I do not see that changing.

Edited by anchordown10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Salem said:

No Forrest mystique,  just players who have gotten their tails kicked 95% of the time they have faced the F on the field from age 5 until the alumni game. A 7on7 game won't fix so many bad memories. 

Mt Pleasant had an outstanding showing at last year's Shelbyville 7v7. Forrest was awful. Forrest had 400 yards rushing and dominated the actual football game a few months later. Putting too much stock in a 7v7 game is an interesting way to say you don't know much about football. 

Admittedly, football is my third sport but I did a lot of winning my whole life in multiple sports… I don’t put too much stock in summer league, but it’s freaking June and there’s nothing else to write about… I understand Forrest  will be physical- and they have a great line and will likely smash thru the athletic Mount Pleasant team-I picked Forrest over mt pleasant ;)

3 hours ago, anchordown10 said:

First off, it is going to be fun reading Salem/General and CascadeHomer going at it this year.

I got a chance to watch the 7 on 7 at Shelbyville Central yesterday. Cascade and Forrest both looked like they have spent a good deal of time in the weight room and got after each other pretty good in their match-up. Neither one of these teams are going to ever do well in these passing leagues because of the offenses they run.  From a physical standpoint they both stood out to me and would probably beat most teams there in the running department because if their ol/dl are as big as their skill players they will be able to run the ball very well. Mt. Pleasant had the best looking group of pure athletes there but the jury is still out on them when you strap the pads on and play physical smash mouth football. I think those were the only Region 5 teams there. 

*Also, these passing leagues mean nothing Community one of the bottom 10 teams in the state went something like 5-1 yesterday and couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie during the season. 

1. Forrest: they are the reigning champions and will stay on top until someone can knock them off. Return a majority of their team from last year and play hard.

2. Cascade: Can they ever get over the hump and play 4 quarters with Forrest. They had a good looking group of kids there yesterday but what do they look like up front?

3. Mt. Pleasant: Always have the best looking kids in the region but can they ever play a full game of football.

4. Summertown: The Rick Rice factor will help them out but they lost a ton last year and it will take him a year or two to get them playing his style of football.

5. Richland: Lost some key players and are not consistent enough to compete for an entire year.

6. Loretto: they play really good winter and spring sports but football is not something they value and I do not see that changing.

This is pretty logical and mostly spot on, but not sure if you are aware, Cascade  was missing 80% of its top receivers at 7v7- it was basically varsity linebackers and our JV skill players—& what about that new middle linebacker, #3, Cagle?! 250lbs of bad intentions…(yes Cascade finally has a real strength and conditioning coach) 

Forrest has #2 & #9 that look like they could probably play for Cascade :-)

19 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

This is pretty logical and mostly spot on, but not sure if you are aware, Cascade  was missing 80% of its top receivers at 7v7- it was basically varsity linebackers and our JV skill players—& what about that new middle linebacker, #3, Cagle?! 250lbs of bad intentions…(yes Cascade finally has a real strength and conditioning coach) 

:popcorneater:

Good post from a guy who gets it. Forrest went with the freshman QB almost exclusively. Looks like that's who the coaches are rolling with in 2022. He looked good in the spring game but he's a 14 year old that weighs a buck 35 and likes to run. 

Barring injuries this team should be in the quarterfinals again. Best chance for Forrest since 2019 but we've blown chances to take the next postseason step in 2 of the last 3 seasons. With the new classification on the horizon this may be our last chance for a deep postseason run.  Entire backfield returns and the lines on both sides of the ball will be bigger and stronger. #77 is the first legit D1 prospect we've had in years. Only question mark is the QB and the offense but we say that every year. Defense will be better and our OC has had another year of on the job training. 

Rest of your picks are solid. Summertown should be near the top again. They have a RB and a WR who excelled this spring at football camps. Edmiston will play college ball and their WR is one of the top in the state.. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

:popcorneater:

20 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

20 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Admittedly, football is my third sport but I did a lot of winning my whole life in multiple sports… 

:roll: Forrest played a 14 year old QB at the camp and only won one game the entire day. Fortunately, Cascade was there or we would have been 0-6. You would never know that from Homer's posts. 

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

:roll: Forrest played a 14 year old QB at the camp and only won one game the entire day. Fortunately, Cascade was there or we would have been 0-6. You would never know that from Homer's posts. 

Oddly enough this has been the best thread for about a week. I would like to see how much you guys will have improved over last year.