2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

3 hours ago, Salem said:

:roll: Forrest played a 14 year old QB at the camp and only won one game the entire day. Fortunately, Cascade was there or we would have been 0-6. You would never know that from Homer's posts. 

*It was the Cascade JV secondary & receivers and maybe it was like 2-1 but I’m not sure what interceptions count or how the scoring  goes…

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

Oddly enough this has been the best thread for about a week. I would like to see how much you guys will have improved over last year. 

I’m hopeful that we get past the dangerous Mount Pleasant team early in our season -when we are still learning how to replace Inmon - If both teams are undefeated in the region when they meet, witchy witch will be channeling spirits and the General will be reaching for spirits to calm his shakes…

On 6/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, anchordown10 said:

First off, it is going to be fun reading Salem/General and CascadeHomer going at it this year.

I got a chance to watch the 7 on 7 at Shelbyville Central yesterday. Cascade and Forrest both looked like they have spent a good deal of time in the weight room and got after each other pretty good in their match-up. Neither one of these teams are going to ever do well in these passing leagues because of the offenses they run.  From a physical standpoint they both stood out to me and would probably beat most teams there in the running department because if their ol/dl are as big as their skill players they will be able to run the ball very well. Mt. Pleasant had the best looking group of pure athletes there but the jury is still out on them when you strap the pads on and play physical smash mouth football. I think those were the only Region 5 teams there. 

*Also, these passing leagues mean nothing Community one of the bottom 10 teams in the state went something like 5-1 yesterday and couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie during the season. 

My picks for the region this year are this:

1. Forrest: they are the reigning champions and will stay on top until someone can knock them off. Return a majority of their team from last year and play hard.

2. Cascade: Can they ever get over the hump and play 4 quarters with Forrest. They had a good looking group of kids there yesterday but what do they look like up front?

3. Mt. Pleasant: Always have the best looking kids in the region but can they ever play a full game of football.

4. Summertown: The Rick Rice factor will help them out but they lost a ton last year and it will take him a year or two to get them playing his style of football.

5. Richland: Lost some key players and are not consistent enough to compete for an entire year.

6. Loretto: they play really good winter and spring sports but football is not something they value and I do not see that changing.

i though this was a pretty good post. nice job

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I am certain if I were a 5 star high school Floridan and looked at the TSSAA schools from top to bottom, My first thought would be "CASCADE"

I never said he was bright.  He may be our very own Bobby Boucher- but he loves his mama and so he's alright by me.  I only said that he's mean, big, & fast.  Good thing we talking about football & not chess! 

It's true that CascadeHomer sometimes refers to himself in the 3rd person. CascadeHomer is getting very excited for the season.  CascadeHomer wishes he could be a fly on the wall of the General's cabin in the forrest-- on the Saturday morning after the season opener-- when the General sees the score of Cascade vs. Moore Co & that chill runs up his spine as he realizes, "Oh snap, Homer don't play."

• 3 weeks later...

Yes--but w/o the funny business--- CSO (Champ-sh*t only) 

A funny thing

by CascadeHomer

Between our two main transfers, the OLB seems to have a normal disposition whereas the DE/TE is capable of incredible savagery/cruelty.  Well, the funny thing is, the DE/TE was absent from 7v7 and it was the nice guy OLB who fought/whipped the 2 Forrest kids who were behaving poorly.  A good time was had by all. 

#CSO