2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

5 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

The roster has taken a hit but Cascade will be at or near the top… Summertown has speed and the new coach has been successful in the past so I can’t imagine they miss the playoffs 

SHS is replacing far too much. A 4 year starter at qb, best WR, best RB. A new offense. A ton to overcome. 

4 hours ago, Vandychris said:

SHS is replacing far too much. A 4 year starter at qb, best WR, best RB. A new offense. A ton to overcome. 

I knew the QB was gone--but crazy that RB#24 was listed as c/o 23 so ig he graduated early or transferred idk... The best receiver was #7-he's back--#2 & #6 return & bring speed...Now the only wildcard for me is Mt. Pleasant. 

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest, Cascade, Summertown, Loretto, Mt Pleasant, Richland. It's really a terrible region. Even WINNING it is a ticket to 1, MAYBE 2 wins in the playoffs. No guarantees. 

Well we all know who’s gonna win it and that’s Forrest. I mean they are just so good and it is going to be hard to stop them in this region. I just don’t know how anyone ever beats them they are just so so good lol

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest, Cascade, Summertown, Loretto, Mt Pleasant, Richland. It's really a terrible region. Even WINNING it is a ticket to 1, MAYBE 2 wins in the playoffs. No guarantees. 

Wait a minute I forgot about Cascade. Forgot everybody on their team is D1. Go ahead and pencil them in as state champs. Forrest and Cascade in the quarters 

1 hour ago, LorettoGuy said:

Wait a minute I forgot about Cascade. Forgot everybody on their team is D1. Go ahead and pencil them in as state champs. Forrest and Cascade in the quarters 

And pencil in Richland & Loretto 5th & 6th.
I’ve been told by good authority that Loretto is simply farm boys from the 1800’s-which is pretty cool! But it’s not conducive to winning football games 

33 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

And pencil in Richland & Loretto 5th & 6th.
I’ve been told by good authority that Loretto is simply farm boys from the 1800’s-which is pretty cool! But it’s not conducive to winning football games 

Yeah whoever told you that is a smart person. Watched them live last night and they just look like some 1800s country boys. Hopefully the to-be state champions don’t beat us too bad in October 

21 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

I knew the QB was gone--but crazy that RB#24 was listed as c/o 23 so ig he graduated early or transferred idk... The best receiver was #7-he's back--#2 & #6 return & bring speed...Now the only wildcard for me is Mt. Pleasant. 

Colton Schaffer, Aniken Johnson, Javen Edmiston are all gone. Ty Bryant was a sophomore in 2021 and was very impactful when he played but wasnt exactly "the best". Bryant recorded 225 yards receiving in 2021 and #7 Gavin Robinson recorded 175 receiving. Bryant had 222 yards rushing while Edmiston had 504.

22 hours ago, LorettoGuy said:

Well we all know who’s gonna win it and that’s Forrest. I mean they are just so good and it is going to be hard to stop them in this region. I just don’t know how anyone ever beats them they are just so so good lol

While your team has enjoyed repeated 2-8 seasons we've been to 3 quarterfinals since 2016.

Along the way, we've beaten Meigs, Tyner, Lewis, Adamsville, Bledsoe, and Watertown, among others. 

We've won 4 region titles since 2015, and went 23-1 in our region those 4 seasons.   

Since you have joined our region, we've b-slapped you by a combined 160-60 over the 5 meetings, and we are 5-0. The average score has been 32-12.

Otherwise, you have a terrific program. 

I'd not change lanes until I'd actually done something. Anything. 

Continuing...

Loretto has gone 19-53 the last seven seasons. This includes a 1-9 season in 2015, and a an 0-10 season in 2016. 

They've averaged a staggeringly intimidating 2.71 wins a season, and a very impressive 7.57 losses. I am currently hiding under my wheelchair at the thought of facing them in 2022. These guys epitomize the term worldbeater. 

Forrest has won almost 60 games since 2015. They won 2 more games in 2015 and 2016 combined than Loretto has in the last seven seasons. Forrest has fallen tremendously short of expectations multiple times, and have wasted talent and opportunities - i mean, i've laid it all out there on multiple threads. We are no where near the elite in 2A. But we chew, digest and expel Loretto like it's nothing. We've flushed you more than a "my 600 lb life" participant after a week's worth of taco bell.