Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

In West TN it is going to be South Gibson and South Side with no question and no opposition. It will be them in their district championship, region championship and maybe for a state championship but I don't know the rest of the state enough to say that with confidence. Those 1st two are a done deal. especially if both teams stay healthy, and honestly, South Gibson may be the favorite. They didn't graduate anybody and their coach will be in her second year with a full off season. 

South Gibson will be good.  Embrey does a good job developing players.  BUT South Side has to be the favorite.  They didn't graduate much either if I remember right from watching the state tournament.  I think their three best scorers are all back and you know McNeal will convince all those kids to play defense.  

Creek Wood brings their best players back and will be really tough.  The Burgess kid can flat play.  They're a substate matchup for South Gibson or South Side.  Whoever wins that game will have earned it.

Crocket County will be good in West TN as well.  They have a really good shot to get to the state tournament next year

46 minutes ago, maddams said:

South Gibson will be good.  Embrey does a good job developing players.  BUT South Side has to be the favorite.  They didn't graduate much either if I remember right from watching the state tournament.  I think their three best scorers are all back and you know McNeal will convince all those kids to play defense.  

Creek Wood brings their best players back and will be really tough.  The Burgess kid can flat play.  They're a substate matchup for South Gibson or South Side.  Whoever wins that game will have earned it.

Crocket County will be good in West TN as well.  They have a really good shot to get to the state tournament next year

agree on most - 

Especially on Crockett - dyersburg will be better but really young -

not sure Creek Wood is going to be ready for SS and SG

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:33 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

In West TN it is going to be South Gibson and South Side with no question and no opposition. It will be them in their district championship, region championship and maybe for a state championship but I don't know the rest of the state enough to say that with confidence. Those 1st two are a done deal. especially if both teams stay healthy, and honestly, South Gibson may be the favorite. They didn't graduate anybody and their coach will be in her second year with a full off season. 

South Gibson will be tough no doubt but they will have their hands full with South Side. They will have to handle the ball a lot better and learn how to score better in half court sets especially at post. Post was pretty good at South Gibson last year but she was a Freshman and a lot of her buckets were in transition. She will need to learn to finish more around the low block and create shots and finish better in the paint. They have another Freshman guard coming up that will be good. South Side’s pressure is on another level as we seen in Murfreesboro. Dyersburg will be tough to handle I would bet in the other District. Crockett always competitive will be a challenge for them as well as Dyer County and possibly Obion County.

Edited by pioneer42

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson will be tough no doubt but they will have their hands full with South Side. They will have to handle the ball a lot better and learn how to score better in half court sets especially at post. Post was pretty good at South Gibson last year but she was a Freshman and a lot of her buckets were in transition. She will need to learn to finish more around the low block and create shots and finish better in the paint. They have another Freshman guard coming up that will be good. South Side’s pressure is on another level as we seen in Murfreesboro. Dyersburg will be tough to handle I would bet in the other District. Crockett always competitive will be a challenge for them as well as Dyer County and possibly Obion County.

Obion County?... Really? That is new to have Obion County in the conversation on the girls side.

6 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Obion County?... Really? That is new to have Obion County in the conversation on the girls side.

That District is just going to be competitive top to bottom, IMO. Obion won’t be favored but they gave Crockett all they wanted last year. I think either Dyersburg, Crockett or Dyer County will win it, but Obion won’t be easy either. I expect this District to be like the Greenfield District last year and the Clay County District. If South Gibson can learn how to score consistently in the half court and finish big games they will make a deep Glass House run, IMO. Their culture is turning but they have to learn to win the big games. South Side didn’t win it this year but they showed what they could do beating two really good Greenville and Page teams. I think honestly the draw was a little too much and they fell short. People can say what they want to but the state draw can make you or break you. Thought McKenzie survived a tough draw last year. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

That District is just going to be competitive top to bottom, IMO. Obion won’t be favored but they gave Crockett all they wanted last year. I think either Dyersburg, Crockett or Dyer County will win it, but Obion won’t be easy either. I expect this District to be like the Greenfield District last year and the Clay County District. If South Gibson can learn how to score consistently in the half court and finish big games they will make a deep Glass House run, IMO. Their culture is turning but they have to learn to win the big games. South Side didn’t win it this year but they showed what they could do beating two really good Greenville and Page teams. I think honestly the draw was a little too much and they fell short. People can say what they want to but the state draw can make you or break you. Thought McKenzie survived a tough draw last year. 

South Gibson has got to continue to develop depth. They dropped off a lot last year when they went to their bench. I read somewhere that they have another ball handler coming but a freshman ball handler against South Side pressure is a big ask. They will be deeper by just bringing everybody back too. I like their team and their chances to go to the state tournament and maybe win some games. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I think it will come down to Dyersburg and Crockett. DC loses three starters one being their best player