Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

On 11/2/2022 at 11:43 AM, maddams said:

I agree with most of this.  Only thing I'll add relates to South Side and South Gibson.  They should play each other in the region championship, but the loser of that game likely has to go to Creek Wood for substate.  That's a 3 hour drive for either one of them.  I think South Side would be too athletic for Creek Wood to play with, but Creek Wood could be a problem for South Gibson, especially on the road.  I saw Creek Wood this summer - they have two really good players that can get 20 each on any given night.  

What about Hardin Co.? They were in the mix last year if I remember correctly and upset some teams at tournament time. 

I believe Hardin Co graduated a post player that signed with UT-Martin and a really solid PG.  They also have a new coach, which usually takes a little time and adjustment.  Hardin upset South Gibson last year after South Gibson's PG broke her leg.  If she's healthy last year, South Gibson likely wins that game.

Hardin and McNairy will probably finish 1-2 in that district but they are both a clear step or two below South Side and South Gibson.

14 hours ago, Nontypical said:

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that white co will win 3A state championship this year! Biggest team they ever had! Beat upperman twice last year! Only lost 1 player!

If White County can keep the turnovers to 10 or so per game you might be right. If we average 25 to 30 like last year we won't make it. We should still only lose 4-6 games this season. Go Warriorettes!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maddams said:

I believe Hardin Co graduated a post player that signed with UT-Martin and a really solid PG.  They also have a new coach, which usually takes a little time and adjustment.  Hardin upset South Gibson last year after South Gibson's PG broke her leg.  If she's healthy last year, South Gibson likely wins that game.

Hardin and McNairy will probably finish 1-2 in that district but they are both a clear step or two below South Side and South Gibson.

We always pray for safety for all these athletes. Very unfortunate injury. She and South Gibson has worked hard in the off-season so I expect them to play really hard especially with what happen last year. They are going to be a tough out, even with South Side.

57 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They better improve from their summer play. Good team but they definitely aren’t going to walk through it. 

Agreed. Saw Upperman this summer. Very good team, but I would not say definitive favorite. Their post player was great, their guards were solid. South Side’s athleticism will give them trouble.

34 minutes ago, maddams said:

Agreed. Saw Upperman this summer. Very good team, but I would not say definitive favorite. Their post player was great, their guards were solid. South Side’s athleticism will give them trouble.

Gibson County’s Varsity beat them by 14 or so at MTSU. They are good no doubt but they will have some battles. I will say this. Their JV was really good and beat us by 20 or so. If we were to be in a District with any other team in the state, I would pick them. Not a lot of love it seems from these two. Would be really fun and huge crowds watching these two. Two great traditions and programs. 

Interested to see all these teams that have been mentioned. Upperman is the defending champ, but I know they lost the PG, but return the post player. South Gibson returns everybody, South Side returns a lot also. What about the others that made it to MBoro last March, Page, Dyer Co, Greeneville, Fayette Ware? I believe Hall of Champions/Fame games start this coming week, so we will see some action soon.