Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

3 hours ago, maddams said:

Their region was in Tullahoma last year, so it should be somewhere in the Upper Cumberland this year.

You’re right that it’s early and injuries can always change things. But Lawrence County, in my opinion, does not have the talent to compete with Upperman, White Co, Cumberland Co or Livingston. I guess they could possibly upset one of those teams to make a region semifinal, but I can’t see them in a region final game. I agree that Coach Scott does a good job. Lawrence Co will play hard, but they just don’t have the talent or size to match up with those teams on the other side of the region.

Have you seen Greenville or Elizabethton play this year??

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Have you seen Greenville or Elizabethton play this year??

Haven’t seen either so far this year. Saw Elizabethton this summer and they looked good. Strong guard play. Based on what I’ve heard, Greeneville is really good as well. Both have a good chance to make state tourney and could challenge anybody when they get there

18 minutes ago, maddams said:

Haven’t seen either so far this year. Saw Elizabethton this summer and they looked good. Strong guard play. Based on what I’ve heard, Greeneville is really good as well. Both have a good chance to make state tourney and could challenge anybody when they get there

These two I am watching as well. I seen Elizabethton in the Boro briefly and best I remember they had some size at post and looked pretty good.

Glad someone put good eyes on Lawrence County.  Lincoln County will be a team I think makes waves in region as well as Page.  The coaching will keep them both in games versus White County, Livingston, and Cumberland County.  Not much you can do with Upperman this year, they should be the one seed out of the region especially if played in the Upper Cumberland’s.  Tullahoma/Marshall County and Lawrence County sounds like will make it but shouldn’t be threats.  

On 11/27/2022 at 7:17 PM, MidTennBballObserver said:

Let’s get this back on track for girls basketball.

What does everyone see in AAA midstate districts?  District 7?  District 8?  Both seem to have state championship hopefuls and championship coaches at Upperman, Page, Lincoln County, and White County. Where do you see teams finishing in these two districts?

District 8 comes down to Lincoln Co and Page. LC brings everybody but but the post player. Loaded with shooters and college players they will be hard to beat. Upperman I imagine is still the team to beat in 7 until proven wrong. Cummerland will be a hard out. 

15 hours ago, maddams said:

I was thinking Greeneville was down because the only beat a not very good McMinn Co team 62-20

20 hours ago, Doc931 said:

District 8 comes down to Lincoln Co and Page. LC brings everybody but but the post player. Loaded with shooters and college players they will be hard to beat. Upperman I imagine is still the team to beat in 7 until proven wrong. Cummerland will be a hard out. 

Agreed in district 8 everyone else is playing for 3rd and beyond.  I still say Upperman wins 7 but the battle for second between White County and Cumberland County will be tough.

Tullahoma was getting demolished by Coffee County.  Seems the old college coach Tullahoma hired does not know how to defend the post of Coffee County from the radio.  Lot of talking for the new coach to have a bad losing record so far.

Cleveland looked bad versus Bradley.  

Edited by MidTennBballObserver