Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

Just now, TrickyD said:

I think it will come down to Dyersburg and Crockett. DC loses three starters one being their best player

I don’t know who loses what so good point. Obion wasn’t bad either but don’t know what they lose. I do think Dyersburg is the team to beat. The Freshman was a superstar talent last year and put up 23 against us one night. She gets more help they will be tough. 

47 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson has got to continue to develop depth. They dropped off a lot last year when they went to their bench. I read somewhere that they have another ball handler coming but a freshman ball handler against South Side pressure is a big ask. They will be deeper by just bringing everybody back too. I like their team and their chances to go to the state tournament and maybe win some games. 

They got a real good ball handler coming up that will help them. Kinda like you but you never know how these Freshman will develop for next year. See lots of Freshman that hit the ground running. South Side is just a different animal. It is a shame we all play on the same nights although I did  get to watch one South Side/South Gibson  game last year. 

Edited by pioneer42

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They got a real good ball handler coming up that will help them. Kinda like you but you never know how these Freshman will develop for next year. See lots of Freshman that hit the ground running. South Side is just a different animal. It is a shame we all play on the same nights although I did  get to watch one South Side/South Gibson  game last year. 

I watched the South Gibson vs Gibson County game at South Gibson. What a game! Great finish. That made me think of a boys question. do you know the kid from South Gibson that scored their first 13 or so points... did he graduate?

7 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I watched the South Gibson vs Gibson County game at South Gibson. What a game! Great finish. That made me think of a boys question. do you know the kid from South Gibson that scored their first 13 or so points... did he graduate?

South Gibson had their chances in that game and missed FT’s late and Micah scored the last 7 points or so and won it. I don’t know with the boys. Honestly I put so much energy and time with the girls I don’t know the boys like I do the girls. I missed 1 GC game this year and I went to South Gibson/South Side that night and one other Friday we were off I went Loretto to watch them and Summertown. You ought to go watch them two if you get a chance. 

Edited by pioneer42
Misspelling

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson had their chances in that game and missed FT’s late and Micah scored the last 7 points or so and won it. I don’t know with the boys. Honestly I put so much energy and time with the girls I don’t know the boys like I do the girls. I missed 1 GC game this year and I went to South Gibson/South Side that night and one other Friday we were off I went Loretto to watch them and Summertown. You ought to go watch them two if you get a chance. 

I'm going to have to get out there and watch a game at Summertown.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:40 PM, TrickyD said:

I think it will come down to Dyersburg and Crockett. DC loses three starters one being their best player

Dyersburg will be tough but Crockett has a shot. Dyersburg is 2 years from being really really good. Between the transfers and the middle school help coming to Dyersburg program they can be scary good. Dyer County will be a surprise I think. Rebuilding from losing 3 starters that took them to State just off sheer toughness but have some speed coming to the floor and look for the full court press to be featured again and their post was showing alot of improvement coming off bench at end of season. 

• 5 months later...

South Gibson will be a really tough out as well as South Side. Word on the street is South Gibson’s girls are really hungry and working a ton on their own. Wouldn’t suprise me if they really make a splash similar to what Tennessee Football has done. They are going to get some revenge this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson will be a really tough out as well as South Side. Word on the street is South Gibson’s girls are really hungry and working a ton on their own. Wouldn’t suprise me if they really make a splash similar to what Tennessee Football has done. They are going to get some revenge this year. 

South Gibson and South Side's non district schedule better be a lot better than last year. Looking at a lot of their games and it was running clock. That doesn't get them ready for the Post season. I know that the boys team has to be considered but if the boys and girls coach worked together they can get some good games for both girls and boys. I am interested to see their schedules. 

45 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson and South Side's non district schedule better be a lot better than last year. Looking at a lot of their games and it was running clock. That doesn't get them ready for the Post season. I know that the boys team has to be considered but if the boys and girls coach worked together they can get some good games for both girls and boys. I am interested to see their schedules. 

I read similar post like this last year. But both made pretty deep runs. South Gibson losing in region semifinals and South Side state runner-up and from the looks of it the schedules aren't much different.

58 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Schedules are posted on here and TSSAA website

Both South Gibson and South Side schedules are in Coach T.  Both look pretty solid to me. 

South Gibson has home and homes with Dyersburg, Crockett County, and Gibson County; they should all be strong.  They are at McCracken Co (Ky), who is usually really good.  Also play a strong TCA team and are going to Christmas tournaments at White County and Florida.

South Side has Gibson County, TCA, McKenzie and Covington.  They also play Hewitt-Trussville (AL) and Cardinal Ritter (MO); both those teams will be good.  They are going to a different Florida tournament.  

Talking to different coaches, the Florida tournaments are hit or miss.  Some of the tournaments are strong and some are terrible.