Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

31 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I don’t know I think Summertown has the edge on Loretto next season.  You don’t lose a player like weathers without a pretty good drop off.  They will still be good but Not having a D-1 player in the lineup is a huge loss.  It will be the same for westview after next season when Jada graduates. 

We'll see.  Loretto has as much talent coming up from 8th grade as they've ever had in a single year.  Couple that with Ally Weathers having another year of growth & development and getting to lead the team (she led her 8th grade team to a state championship the year before moving up to play with older sis), J.B., Laney, and Cozart coming back, and I think Summertown has lots of problems with our length and pressure.  Campbell & Burleson are both great players, and have the potential to take over games, but without Burdette down low, it's going to be hard for Summertown to stop Loretto in the paint.  I think it's dogfight city between the two next year, I don't see either having any kind of "leg up".  

10 hours ago, mas1821 said:

We'll see.  Loretto has as much talent coming up from 8th grade as they've ever had in a single year.  Couple that with Ally Weathers having another year of growth & development and getting to lead the team (she led her 8th grade team to a state championship the year before moving up to play with older sis), J.B., Laney, and Cozart coming back, and I think Summertown has lots of problems with our length and pressure.  Campbell & Burleson are both great players, and have the potential to take over games, but without Burdette down low, it's going to be hard for Summertown to stop Loretto in the paint.  I think it's dogfight city between the two next year, I don't see either having any kind of "leg up".  

Bigger question is do you have any team in the District or Region that can give Loretto and Summertown any problems?? I know Huntingdon will be good in our District and Union City is always a tough game. Our Region I don’t know, but Stewart County and others might be competitive as well. We all have lost star players and Westview losing Barr and another senior that was productive won’t help. Kinda like I told a GC buddy the other day. We got 3 or 4 with a lot of experience and we need 4 or 5 to fill the rotation. All will have to step up in a big way. GC has been in this position before. Early bird gets the worm, IMO. Whoever works the hardest on their game and comes out of the pack will get the spots. I honestly believe the spots are wide open including Jr. High having a couple of good players coming in.  

Edited by pioneer42

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Bigger question is do you have any team in the District or Region that can give Loretto and Summertown any problems?? I know Huntingdon will be good in our District and Union City is always a tough game. Our Region I don’t know, but Stewart County and others might be competitive as well. We all have lost star players and Westview losing Barr and another senior that was productive won’t help. Kinda like I told a GC buddy the other day. We got 3 or 4 with a lot of experience and we need 4 or 5 to fill the rotation. All will have to step up in a big way. GC has been in this position before. Early bird gets the worm, IMO. Whoever works the hardest on their game and comes out of the pack will get the spots. I honestly believe the spots are wide open including Jr. High having a couple of good players coming in.  

I don't expect Summertown or Loretto to be challenged by anyone in their district.  The other three girls programs are dumpster fires at this point.  Summertown and Loretto will both still be favored to come out of region, but Cheatham County could provide some resistance.  They gave Summertown all they wanted this year and have a long history of success. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

2 hours ago, maddams said:

I don't expect Summertown or Loretto to be challenged by anyone in their district.  The other three girls programs are dumpster fires at this point.  Summertown and Loretto will both still be favored to come out of region, but Cheatham County could provide some resistance.  They gave Summertown all they wanted this year and have a long history of success. 

agree with Maddams.  

On 3/21/2022 at 9:23 AM, pioneer42 said:

Hey Pioneer know you remember my granddaughter Jenna that played at Summertown last year well she’s been in bad ATV accident w multiple injuries - all y’all on these threads keep her in your thoughts ( puts sports in different perspective  ) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Hey Pioneer know you remember my granddaughter Jenna that played at Summertown last year well she’s been in bad ATV accident w multiple injuries - all y’all on these threads keep her in your thoughts ( puts sports in different perspective  ) 

Prayers to her in the name of Jesus!! It’s Jenna right?? So sorry man!! Prayers for her. I like GC but I like all the girls and their health better. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, Jaychapman said:

I'm sorry to hear this news about your granddaughter. I am sending prayers for her and family. 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jaychapman said:

praying for her in Loretto!

On 3/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, mas1821 said:

We said all year even in the summer we felt someone out of Loretto, Summertown, GIbson County and Westview would probably have a good chance of winning it all. I will add Huntingdon in the mix this year of teams that will be in the mix. I feel the same this year that somebody out of this group will have a good shot because of what they have to go through to get to state. Have to give credit to Westview. They really got after it and answered every challenge that came their way. Jada showed how tough she was shaking the ankle injury off. Looking forward to getting back in the gym. I am a basketball person year round. I miss it already.

On 3/26/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jaychapman said:

Hoping your granddaughter is getting better. Continued prayers!!