Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

21 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I hadn’t been but friends have. They are doing OK on the Big Sandy. Just have to find them. Is it double or single elimination?? What time and when do they play??

Double till get to finals then one game so can come out of losers bracket and win the whole thing w that win ( crazy but that’s the way it’s set up ) - Tuesday 12 at Blackman HS - you can listen if don’t come on XSPORTS network - all but one starter play basketball 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Double till get to finals then one game so can come out of losers bracket and win the whole thing w that win ( crazy but that’s the way it’s set up ) - Tuesday 12 at Blackman HS - you can listen if don’t come on XSPORTS network - all but one starter play basketball 

I am pretty busy or I would go. I will try to listen to it. We have 3 basketball players I think. I know the coach is a good one. Never know how these things turn out but I know y’alll have a good history with volleyball. I think this is the first time we have been there. You going and got one playing?? Give me a ring or text at 731-343-5660 so I will have your number. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, pioneer42 said:

I am pretty busy or I would go. I will try to listen to it. We have 3 basketball players I think. I know the coach is a good one. Never know how these things turn out but I know y’alll have a good history with volleyball. I think this is the first time we have been there. You going and got one playing?? Give me a ring or text at 731-343-5660 so I will have your number. 

Summertown wins it all / beats Loretto in straight sets 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:29 PM, pioneer42 said:

Good deal. Will be interesting. AA really good. 

I just caught the Westview / Jackson Central Merry game on the radio broadcast from Martin. It appears that Westview is starting out like they finished last year. They had a few kids make 3s tonight that I haven't heard of. It also appears that JCM is a little better team than they've been in year's past, probably because of their legendary coach. AA should be pretty good again this year. 

33 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I just caught the Westview / Jackson Central Merry game on the radio broadcast from Martin. It appears that Westview is starting out like they finished last year. They had a few kids make 3s tonight that I haven't heard of. It also appears that JCM is a little better team than they've been in year's past, probably because of their legendary coach. AA should be pretty good again this year. 

Right now it is Westview number 1 no doubt. They are the reigning champs and are loaded. They only lost last year out of state so somebody will have to step up and beat them and it will be a tall glass of water. Gibson County will be good late, IMO. We have two really good Freshman that will create major competition to the starting five. Any nonsense and knucklehead play they will be on the floor and wouldn’t suprise me if both are starting late in the year. These two Freshman played big time AAU ball this spring and have been all over the country playing. Just have to pay their dues, but I will bet they will be on the floor early and often. Other five are good players as well, but the two Freshman will create competition to keep the other five in line. Reason I say Gibson County will lose some early and throughout year but they will be tough late. Huntingdon will be really good as well with their strong post play. If their guards step up and handle ball pressure look out. Gatlinburg Pittman, Alcoa, York, Westmoreland, McMinn Central, Loretto and Summertown will all have a say as well. Going to be a fun year. Prayers to all for safety.