Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

19 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

We’ll get back on 2AA thread / lost to good Page team by 1 / haven’t gelled yet as a team / too much individual play and too many fouls / big post getting better but got long way o go to replace Burdette 

Sorry coach Page is AAA and it might be a AA thread but losing to them makes it a AAA thread now.  I expect Summertown to make waves this season and get better as the season goes on, good luck to your team 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown and Loretto each won their side of bracket in Cornersville tournament but decided not to play each other  this early - guess gonna see each other enough later - not that it gets old but let’s just say we’ve met before 

That's hard to figure. For the sake of the tournament and sponsors, shouldn't they have played?

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto is coming to Gibson County to play in pre-Christmas Tournament. They will get their money’s worth. Play USJ and if they win Dyersburg. and if we win our side we play each other. 

I watched a couple Loretto games this week. If they beat USJ, I’ll be surprised. They are rebuilding. They’re not bad but they’re nowhere near their level from the last several years. That’s not a shot at them. You don’t graduate a player like Karly Weathers and think everything stays the same

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I watched a couple Loretto games this week. If they beat USJ, I’ll be surprised. They are rebuilding. They’re not bad but they’re nowhere near their level from the last several years. That’s not a shot at them. You don’t graduate a player like Karly Weathers and think everything stays the same

Losing Karley, Julie Clifton and Buttrum are pretty good losses, but I think Ally and Laney Weathers along with Jenny Clifton is a pretty good trio. You got the Chance Freshman I would assume that is Raven’s sister and they got Cozart back as well. Moore County is not a bad team. I do think Loretto will end up being very solid late in the year. Gibson County and Summertown very much in the same boat with new faces that have to get experience, but will be solid late. All with solid schedules and will lose a few but will learn and be a handful late. 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Losing Karley, Julie Clifton and Buttrum are pretty good losses, but I think Ally and Laney Weathers along with Jenny Clifton is a pretty good trio. You got the Chance Freshman I would assume that is Raven’s sister and they got Cozart back as well. Moore County is not a bad team. I do think Loretto will end up being very solid late in the year. Gibson County and Summertown very much in the same boat with new faces that have to get experience, but will be solid late. All with solid schedules and will lose a few but will learn and be a handful late. 

What I love about all the teams you mentioned like Summertown, Moore County, Gibson is they play tough schedules that get them prepared for late season runs.  They aren’t concerned with records throughout the year but rather focused on that one goal in the end.  The coaching is great within this classification as well, really remarkable what they do with the talent they have.